Loading Base Gamemode instead of mine

Every time I try to launch my gamemode, it launches the base gamemode instead. It renders the HUD, the crosshair, and the view renders fine. The console error spams like crazy…here’s an excerpt:

awLocalPlayer' Failed: ants\gamemode\cl_init.lua:132: attempt to call method 'CallClassFunction' (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'ShouldDrawLocalPlayer' Failed: ants\gamemode\cl_init.lua:132: attempt to call method 'CallClassFunction' (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'ShouldDrawLocalPlayer' Failed: ants\gamemode\cl_init.lua:132: attempt to call method 'CallClassFunction' (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'Think' Failed: gamemodes\ants\gamemode\init.lua:69: attempt to call method 'GetPlayerClass' (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'PlayerDeathThink' Failed: gamemodes\ants\gamemode\

All those errors are from lines from the base fretta gamemode, nothing I did. Does anyone have any idea why this is breaking, or am I gonna have to revert to a REALLY old version to get it to work?

Did you edit the gamemode?

I figured it out. I had a random = sign at the end of my shared.lua. One syntax error sent the whole thing to hell.