Loading screen remains visible, in game sounds play, anyone able to help me out?

Recently whenever I’ve launched Garry’s Mod and tried to load any map, the game will finish loading but the loading screen will remain onscreen. I can hear the ambient sounds, footsteps and gunfire whenever I move or fire my weapons.

If I alt-tab out of the game and back in the loading screen vanishes and is replaced with a black screen, the sounds still audible. I haven’t updated my drivers at all in the past few weeks, and the game has been working fine until yesterday.

I’ve tried verifying my files, disabling all of my addons and reinstalling my game, anyone able to lend me a hand?

[editline]12th July 2014[/editline]

I’ve updated my drivers and the problem persists, so it’s not being caused by anything being outdated.

Okay, I’ve accidentally fixed it by doing…something.

Uh, I’ll try to figure out how I did it because I don’t want to be THAT guy who asks for help then declares they fixed it and locks the topic.

Oh fuck I broke my own automerge. Anyway, I think it had something to do with me messing around with my shadow options, not 100% sure.