Looking for a business partner for a garry's mod server.

Right, so here’s the infomation. we’re setting up a Garry’s Mod TTT server. One of my close friends owns a server, and he earns £100 monthly on donations. So we need somewhere to host it, we need someone to port forward or buy it from a hosting site, until donations come in and we can feed it back into the system until we don’t need your help and you don’t have to buy it, then if you wish, you can continue.

snip

I don’t know if you actually read the post, but, it did say we would reroute it back into the hosting so we can pay it. However, if there is an excess of money and we don’t need it all, we could upgrade the server instead of putting it into our own pockets!

Ah sorry, totaly misinterpredeted that sentance >.<

It’s all good!

I would totally do this, but I’m out of funds, and can’t portforward.

I don’t really get why you can’t buy the server your self, its not that expensive.

Yeah, but I don’t have the money for it right now:P

Why don’t you wait until you do then? A plugpayplay 32 slot server is only £8

You do make a point, but I am fairly certain we have a decent deal on the table :stuck_out_tongue:

So you want someone to pay for the server and when the money starts coming in, hand most of it over to you?

No, it says they could still host it, or we could take over hosting (they’d stay as one of the owners).

Why split the donation money with the owners so they can use it for whatever they want? I dont get this…

The POINT of donation money is to get server funds. Even if you have lots of it, save it for the future. And don’t think when you are going to run a TTT server 100 GBP will appear instantly. You need to put lots of work into the community if you want to earn money.

What exactly is your part in all this? You want someone else to buy a server for you and they only get 1/3 of the donations. How will you benefit the server?

By managing the plug-ins and everything else. I will be in charge of hiring staff and creating the website. I would also administrate the server.

[editline]15th July 2013[/editline]

I dun goofed with that last line :stuck_out_tongue: I agree with you %100

ha ha ha ha ha

oh my god

you really have no idea at all, do you

Yes, yes I did, it’s generating hate and I deleted it.

At the moment I am working on a ‘blog’ of sorts. It’s still being written. I have to finish the css code. When I finish it I could gladly give you the site, but as of right now, I can’t.

It’s not generating hate, it’s generating ridicule. Because it was ridiculous.
Web development goes so much deeper than HTML - HTML is actually a pretty small fragment of what goes into a functional website.

Not to mention, HTML is not code. It’s markup.

Your little business venture here is not going to work - you’re offering hardly anything in return for a great deal of work. It’s like asking someone to pay you so that they can have the privilege of cleaning your toilet.

I hardly think that administrating the server is nothing in return, as well as being in charge of the staff, and hosting it using a website is not a great deal of work.