Looking for a scripter.

My other thread got me banned because it wasn’t specific enough, so here we go again.

I run a wintersurvival server. I’m looking for a scripter that would be able to edit simple things amongst which:

• the damage bows cause
  • the amount of resources it takes to craft bows/arrows/weapons
  • the amount of hunger food restores
  • the resources one gets from foraging antlion hills and trees

From my very limited knowledge, I can guess the script is very simple and would be easy for anyone experienced to do it.

The server is fairly popular (gets good hits every day) and is the only current active/played Winter Survival server.

If you’re interested, please contact me. There is no monetary pay, maybe I can fix something for you if you need it though, such as admin, some web hosting, etc. It’s more of a favor I’m asking.

Also if you’d like, I’d be willing to learn from you and eventually work together on the script.

Let me know, post here with your steam ID/ways to contact you. Thanks!

P.S: Here’s the server’s thread on FP: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=23947536

People want to see money or there ain’t gone happen much.

Get paypal and make a post here http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=978595

I already have paypal and all, but it’s just not enough work worthy of paying. I just thought someone may like to get involved in a fresh server that’s going to become a community soon.

The whole work consists of changing values which I can’t seem to find basically. It wouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to a skilled scripter.

Good luck with that.

Thank you despite the sarcasm oozing out of all your orifices. :v:

This is very simple to change.

If you go into the lua file with the resource sets, try using CTRL + F and find what you need. Im sure you will get there sooner or later.

As for changing the damage a bow/arrow does. Look for the entity in the gamemode/entities/entities/ folder, Probly named ent_arrow or something similiar.

You should be able to find a TakeDamage line or a Shoot Bullet line.

Thanks Wizey but I already looked and tried editing values, it didn’t work. The scripts are strangely written and for someone with no experience like me, it’s a bit more complicated than you might think.