Looking for anyone who wouldn't mind being patient and helping me learn something simple.

I’m going to start off by saying, I learn better with examples and //comments to learn what actually does what.
I believe what I’m trying to make is simple, but I have no idea where to start. To keep it simple and short. I want to make a grenade, that upon explosion, spawns a random ragdoll from a short list.
To be more specific, I want to use this to make a pokeball that spawns a pokemon ragdoll randomly.
Anyone up for it?

Sounds simple… but I’m an idiot when it comes to coding anything.

To me, it seems like setting the particle or effect to find and spawn a random (or set) ragdoll with a set velocity at a random angle (within certain limits to prevent clipping or errors perhaps). That’s my theory on how to do it, but I have no idea how the coding language works.

Thanks for your insight. I hope someone decides to help out soon. ;p

google it:smile:

(User was banned for this post (""google it" isn't a helpful reply" - postal))

I did and I didn’t find anything really.

There is a tutorial on SWEPS. I don’t think anyone can simply ‘instruct’ you how to code weapons. You simply need to study lua. Starting off with an RPG-like weapons is way out of your league. Start with something simple.

Here’s a basic SWEP tutorial using comments to outline the format: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Chair_Throwing_Gun

Something you’ll need to do is have the primaryfire fire a grenade entity, that upon explosion will spawn a ragdoll.

Thanks C: still hoping someone will come around with a few pointers.

Feel free to add me on Steam and I’ll help you with any questions you have.

Alright I have. C: Thanks.

Okay so I’m editing the model I have models/weapons/v_pistol.mdl but I can’t actually find the physical folder directiory anywhere…my gmod directory doesn’t even have a models folder, but I have models? I am so confused on where these things are located.

I figured it out. I didn’t know they were compiled in a file in my addons folder.

Alright so here’s what I have and I would appreciate some help in explaining and fixing this.

I have the weapon lua file and the ent lua file. What I want is for it to simply spawn a ragdoll wherever the ball is thrown. Right now it spawns an npc_kleiner. Can anyone help me fix it to spawn a simple ragdoll?