Looking for info related the "GMan Virus" and the creator behind it

So about a week or two ago, I began researching on this .lua virus that popped up in GMod 10 back in 2009, known as the scary “GMan virus” to many. I’ve been hitting a lot of dead ends, so I thought I would come here for some answers, since many people here have likely experienced it back then, or at least heard of it.

This is what I know so far:

• Allegedly the original file name for the virus was "volitilevirus.lua"
  • Reports differ slightly on what the virus does exactly, but it’s commonly known that the face of GMan will jumpscare the player after a certain point.
  • The file itself wasn’t harmful, but it can open up your browser and lead you to a website that’ll spam multiple pop-ups that can harm your computer.
  • Players got infected with it by either joining servers, or downloading malicious addons from GarrysMod.org
  • It’s commonly thought that a hacker by the name of Chrisaster was the one behind the virus, but I haven’t found anything that proves it 100%.

Please let me know if any of you have additional information on this, especially if you have old pictures or videos showing how exactly this virus works. Heck, I’ll even download it and try it out myself if anyone still so happens to have the .lua file for it.

I know a group of exploiters known as “Begotton” that hack gmod maybe they are behind it