Looking for information

Alright, So I have no idea where to go to appeal a ban on Rust. I’m apparently EAC banned. For what reason, I’m not sure. Can any please point me to where I need to go…

You’re at one of the places but I don’t see you getting unbanned :v:

If you post your steamid a eac member can tell you more or go directly to the easyanticheat homepage and use the contact.

I just contacted them. I’m still trying to wrap my head around how I got banned from a game when I was playing on a server i’m renting and have no reason to hack. Unless I abused spawning to much lol…

wait and see what eac say. typically it will be from detecting cheat signatures that are actively altering rust memory, but if you are an admin it seems pretty pointless/dumb to have any hacks running.

That’s exactly what i’m saying. I contacted them and apparently I’m running pay to cheat hacks on my own server…

I don’t know if i’m running a server plugin that may have got me flagged/banned either. Which that was all I was using to spawn things and build up.

They read this forum, too. post your steam profile URL or steam id if you want a potentially faster answer.

thing is EAC use the signatures to flag you, then confirm the data manually if questioned. if they say you were banned for pay cheats, then something running in rusts memory has that signature; as far as i’m aware, it’s incredibly unlikely for a legitimate program to have the same appearance as the cheats.

for the sake of the argument i suppose you could list all the plugins you are using; one of them might be someone using a hack to make a plugin, either because they are lazy, or to intentionally fuck people over. that said, if that were the case, you’d expect many more threads about it.

Well, The link to my steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058667093/

The only thing I have that runs externally when on rust and has cause issues on many games before is Fraps. Other than that, I have no reason to go and to pay for cheats to use on a server that i’m renting and have full access to.

Bump…