Looking for Sid Meier's Starships... Starships

Hello all,

I have recently taken an interest in modding Civilization: Beyond Earth. There are so many idea floating around in my head. So I’m currently exploring the possibility of adding starship units, and wanted to borrow some of the assets from Sid Meier’s Starships. Anybody around here have them?

See, my first thought was to rip them myself. But my attempts at using Ninja Ripper have been completely unsuccessful, and from what I’ve seen poking around the internet for help, this happens a lot. For some reason, Ninja Ripper just does nothing. I follow the directions in the “official” guide, press the key bound to Rip All… and press it again… to no avail. The game doesn’t stop (or even drop frames), and no files are created in the assigned directory.

So here I am, looking for either help with Ninja Ripper, or a source for the desired assets.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Well this has been productive…

There’s two versions of Ninja Ripper, a 32bit and a 64 bit version. Have you tried both of them, and have you tried all the different .dlls with each?

The game is x64, and I am using the x64 version of Ninja Ripper. Additionally, the game uses D3D11. I’ve tried both the D3D11 wrapper and the “Intruder inject” settings. I suppose I could try the other 3, though I don’t expect they will work.

Another common mistake is to use Ninja Ripper on the launcher, when it should be used with the actual executable (which is often in an entirely different directory).
Some games don’t like injecting .dlls at all, but then you usually get an error message at startup.
Of course, if the game uses OpenGL, then Ninja Ripper won’t be of any use to you at all.

I checked just be sure I had the right .exe. The game doesn’t have a launcher, so that isn’t the problem…
I do not get any errors, so it doesn’t seem like it’s rejecting the dll
The game runs on D3D11, so that’s not a problem either.

The game has both x64 and x86 versions, so I’ve tried both the x64 and x86 Ninja Ripper versions on those. Same behavior: nothing happens when the hotkeys are pressed.

The “Intruder inject” does create a couple of log files when the game starts up, but those don’t appear to be useful

Can you delete the injector .dll when you tab out of the game? If not, that means at least injection was successful.
Pressing F9 and F12 or changing the capture keys doesn’t help either?
The last thing i can think of is trying an older version of Ninja Ripper, had a couple of instances where that helped too.

Well what’dya know. The injection isn’t working. I’m able to delete the dll while the game is running.

Do you have a suggested Ninja Ripper version? I currently have 1.6.4

Edit: also just tried with 1.7.1

What can I do since the injection is unsuccessful? (I can delete the .dll while the game is running)

We’re just gonna bump this up one more time…