What is Luabee?
Luabee is an ingame Lua editor which functions not unlike Scratch and Appinventor. It uses blocks arranged in a logical fashion to create Lua scripts which can be ran on client, server, or both. This code can also be exported into a Lua file for saving and distribution.
What is the progress on this project?
Currently I’ve knocked out the base code block vgui elements (well, mostly).
I need help with several things:
- Designing a menu layout that is simple, elegant, and efficient for the menu.
- Designing code blocks: Their shapes, their labels, and their colors.
- An icon of a bumblebee and Lua. Idk, be creative.
- Creating a system that runs the code in a logical order.
- Creating the actual menu vgui.
- Creating the code exporter.
- Creating variable definition blocks.
- And most importantly, the biggest part: CATALOGING AS MANY FUNCTIONS AS POSSIBLE, THEIR USES, THEIR PARAMETERS, AND THEIR RETURN VALUES.
- Create a tutorial series on Youtube regarding the use of Luabee
I want to make Lua accessible by anyone who plays Garry’s Mod. I want to make it much easier to learn Lua in a gradual way. I want to put basic programming into the list of skills that every GMod player has. I want all this, and I want to do it for free.
First, your name goes on the project.
Second, this project will help many people learn the basics of Lua.
Third, collaborating on a project is a good way to learn teamwork in the programming field, which is a valuable asset for any coder.
Fourth, this won’t draw away your business. Luabee, at least in its beginning stages, won’t be good enough to handle complicated scripts and beginners won’t be good enough at Lua to create complicated scripts.
Media of what’s been done so far:
If you want to help, send me a PM and/or comment below.
If you have any suggestions, send me a PM and/or comment below.