Looking to make a RP server, which Mod?

Hey all,

I’m looking to start a RP server.

I want it to be serious, and I’ll be monitoring it most hours,

which mod shall I use?

I want to have some freedom for users but at the same time serious.

thankyou.

DarkRP

Is that a serious post? I’ve done a little research and apparantly DarkRP can be a horror show,

Thanks again

I’d seriously recommend scripting something for yourself, because the ‘mods’ on offer at the moment aren’t great.

You need to go into more detail into what kind of RP you are aspiring to achieve on your server, and then I may be able to offer some suggestions.

kuroScript, if you can get it - it’s simple and effective. Everything is modular so you can strip it down or build it up to whatever you want of it. Unlike most gamemodes it is made by somebody who knows what they’re doing - so instead of looking through tons of files for what you want, you simply remove a file or browse the easy file structure.

There is also a variety of different game-types made with the kuroScript framework, a city roleplay, a zombie roleplay, a Half-Life 2 roleplay, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. roleplay, a Resident Evil roleplay, a Terminator roleplay and even something called Experiment (which is practically a deathmatch roleplay).

My two cents.

Personally, I’d say if you were starting out, go with GmodRP. It’s not TOO serious but in my opinion is a very good alternative to something like DarkRP, and is great for City RP on a map like evocity.

I think maybe after a while of GmodRP you might get a taste for a more serious/in-depth RP.

Good luck! :slight_smile: