Low Fps with a Good PC

So I’ve played this game for over 4200 hours with no problems like this before, so you can easily so why I am very confused after yesterday finding my Gmod being at like 2 FPS whenever I join a multiplayer server. Singleplayer is fine and the main menu is fine but the moment I load into a server my game just completely gets wrecked can someone explain why this is?

PS: I can run games such as the Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor, and The Witcher 3 so this should not be happening in Gmod

PSS: My friend has the same problem and It started happening to me the day after I tried playing with him and he complained about it

More Info: Not even A week ago my garry’s mod was running fine full 300fps. Yesterday I noticed after joining a TTT server I was getting like 2 fps and I was at like 30 ping. So then today I try again and it is the same thing so I tested out gamemodes like Murder, Darkrp, ZombieRP, ETC and same thing so can someone plz help :frowning:

Here are my PC Specs:
GPU:Geforce GTX 970
CPU: Intel® Core™ 15-4440 3.10 GHZ
RAM: 8.00 Gb of Memory
HardDrive: 1 Terabyte
MONITOR: Acer G236HL Bbd 23-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor

Gotta need more information. Whats the specs?

GPU:Geforce GTX 970
CPU: Intel® Core™ 15-4440 3.10 GHZ
RAM: 8.00 Gb of Memory
HardDrive: 1 Terabyte of space
MONITOR: Acer G236HL Bbd 23-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor

Some server just have poor optimization and plus tons of addon will easily make your fps angry, if your single is still find then no problem with your pc, blame that server

[editline]15th September 2016[/editline]

Oh and also clean up your server trash, it’s located at garrysmod/garrysmod/download/server, people usually don’t notice this and when they do the trash could come up to 30 - 50 gb

DO you mean delete it all?

They are just useless client-side file you downloaded when you join the server, it stored the file there so you don’t have to wait downloading the next time you join, but when you don’t play on the server anymore the trash will continue to expand as you go on and on new server, so be sure to clean it up sometimes, it save your hdd/sdd a lot and may help (I don’t think so) increase fps

When a new graphics card comes out people should stop asking if it can the new crisis or battle field, and start asking “Can it run Garry’s Mod at 60 fps?”

*run on paralake city