Lua Cache couldn't be downloaded. Server is misconfigured! (Gmod)

I recently installed a gamemode on my server (DarkRP) and It seemed I had to install Counterstrike onto the server, too. I did that, now no gamemode loads nad my clients are getting “Lua Cache couldn’t be downloaded. Server is misconfigured!”

I have looked around and I have found no real help on this issue. I have read about the file cashe being updated.

Help me Facepunch!

If you are using FastDL (Fast Download) you need to update the ‘cache’ folder on your fastdl host. Simply download the cache folder from your server then upload it to the web-server and restart the server. If that was the issue, it should now be fixed.

Im running a dedicated server from my computer that i downloaded and as far as i know its not FastDL, although i am very new to these things, and im still getting this problem, is there any way i could fix this?

I’m getting this error too, but it’s all clientside. Any server I join disconnects me because I don’t download the map. If I externally download the map and then try to join, the server itself is broken.

“Lua Cache couldn’t be downloaded. Server is misconfigured!” is displayed as well as a huge spam of Lua errors because the Cache didn’t download properly. Everyone in the game has a T-model and is sliding around and it’s just completely broken in general.

I’ve tried virtually everything to fix this, deleting garrysmod/garrysmod, lua, cache, downloads, etc. I’ve done 2 clean reinstalls of GMod thusfar to no avail. I’ve also tried disabling Steam Cloud, putting -autoconfig in launch options but it still doesn’t work. This happens to every server I join, it’s very irritating. I’m basically unable to play at all.

Well Huxley Im glad to see someone else is troubling with this and its not just my own stupidity. My problem is most likely Server Side because my server is the only one i have trouble with, every other one i join works fine.

This issue with not being able to download things is definitely related to FastDL. I joined a server without FastDL and everything worked perfectly.

[editline]21st May 2011[/editline]

This is a fairly uncommon error that has a lot of results in google searching it, but no definite answer, at least for the clientside issue.

Anyone?

Everyone having this problem make sure the filepermisions of the cache folder allow read, thats all i can think of.

sv_downloadurl “”
sv_allowdownload 1

So the only way for this issue to be fixed is have the server admin update their server/not use fastdl?

Its all server stuff so yes you require a server admin to update the server cache to the FASTDL, they will do this rather then not use fastdl as its just a simple FTP upload.

or just symlink the cache to the fastdl and not have to worry about that.

Now I know this is an old post, but Here I go fixing it.

Delete all the Cashes in the “…garrysmod/Cahse” then do “rcon killserver” or restart the server some other way.

Doing this allows it to regenerate new Cashes and thus when you restart there is only one for it to use, and it sends that one.

do
sv_downloadurl “”
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 1

and then reset your fastdl if you have one


(User was banned for this post ("So very late, dumb bump." - Ninja101))