Lua Error Causing Crashes?! Help me quick!

Hi guys so I’ve been getting a very frequent crash from my Gmod TTT server every once a few hours and it is really starting to annoy me. I’ve noticed in the console that the suspected cause as to why my server crash is most likely because I see everyone in the server getting this lua error:

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_targetid.lua:286: ‘TargetIDSmall’ isn’t a valid font

1. SetFont - [C]:-1
  2. HUDDrawTargetID - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_targetid.lua:286
    3. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_hud.lua:321
    My installed addons:
  • AutoPromote
  • Chat Tags
  • CSS Content
  • Damagelog-master
  • Death Panel
  • Jihad Bomb
  • Map Vote
  • Motd GD
  • Round End Slowmotion
  • Spray Tracer
  • ULib
  • ULX
  • UTime

Visit my server for more info and you’ll see what I mean: nightflaregaming.no-ip.org

I have tried to reset both the cl_targetid.lua and cl_hud.lua back to default but to no avail. It would be great if someone could:

• supply me with information pertaining to which addon is the cause and its reasons why
  • give me the steps to what are the necessary steps need to be done to fix it
  • how to prevent such a thing from happening and how to edit it accordingly or whatnot

I know some of you are probably going to ask me,“Why don’t you just test out each addon, one by one?”. Well, I don’t really have the time as I need to run the server and at the same time keep up with my studies. Furthermore, I not say only have a few, but I’ve got a lot of them! It would take way too long to test it out all one by one. It’ll be great if someone knows the problem and replies to this thread soon after. It really helps me out :).

Thanks in advance~

Clientside errors do not crash servers.
Especially when it’s an error about usage of a non-existant font which basically makes the text use default font.

This is no place to ask for help with addons, it’s a place to help developers which you are not.
If you want someone to deal with these issues, go to www.coderhire.com and pay for it.
If you think the issue is caused by addons then remove all one by one and see if the crashes stop, easy as that.

TargetIDSmall is a default font in the ClientScheme.res.

If you’re getting that error, then try restoring that file to the default one. If it still doesn’t work, then something is overwriting it. Hacky way of fixing it:

surface.CreateFont("TargetIDSmall", {font = "TargetID",
                                      size = 18,
                                      weight = 1000})

Only use this if restoring the ClientScheme.res doesn’t work and you can’t find the conflicting addon.

Put the code above the other surface.CreateFont on line 130 of the cl_targetid.lua.

[editline]21st February 2014[/editline]

He isn’t asking for addon help, he’s just asking why he has the error.

You so rich then u pay for me a coder ah? If I can’t ask for help here in the forums, then it defect the purpose of the forums wouldn’t it? And plus someone recommended me to come here. See for yourself http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1367464&p=43996126#post43996126

[editline]22nd February 2014[/editline]

Oh ok thanks! Thanks for standing up for me :). I’ll try it after doing your instructions.