Lua Error constant crash when looking at player model.

So yesterday, I tried playing scary maps with my friend, but whenever I would look at his player model, I’d get crashed from lua errors Target ID isn’t a valid font. The error came from /gamemodes/base/gamemode/cl_targetid.lua
I reinstalled my Garry’s mod twice, still doesn’t work. I tried a different game mode and joined a TTT server, same thing I crash but this time this is what I get:

[ERROR] gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_targetid.lua:237: ‘TargetID’ isn’t a valid font

1. SetFont - [C]:-1
  2. HUDDrawTargetID - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_targetid.lua:237
    3. unknown - gamemodes/terrortown/gamemode/cl_hud.lua:386

It’d be great if somebody could help me.

PS: I can go on different RP servers and it works fine, but just on those gamemodes it seems not to work.

I found a fix that might be hard to do but what the game is saying is one of the fonts (or all) are missing.
Only way to make sure is to go into the main gmod folder and then go into resource.
(this is where it’s located just in case (64-bit computer) : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\resource)
(this is where it’s located just in case (32-bit computer) : C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\resource)
(this is where it’s located just in case (Mac) : ~\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\resource)

IF it’s empty then there is where most of your problems are rising from…
(Somehow gmod is still able to launch without these important files…weird)

Anyway if you have a computer that has a fully functional gmod then go into the main gmod folder on that computer can copy resource and put it on a flash drive. Then just Replace the resource on the broken gmod folder with the new one from the working gmod.
Then restart gmod (if it’s still open) and then it’s good as new!
Yep your welcome :wink:

(Quick note this fixes the menu screen going new_game into New Game)

If it doesn’t work then contact Garry or a dev…