Lua errors, hooks broken

Recently this has been happening on 2 of my servers, separate gamemodes. this error log was taken on a TTT server.

http://compactgamers.com/storage/files/garrysmod/8-19-14_ttt_errorlog/console.log

can anybody help me figure out what may be causing this? it tends to happen a round or two after a recent map change. these two servers are Prop Hunt and TTT. when it happens, the gamemode breaks. most things don’t work, pointshop, ulx, etc. players become t-posing.

it also doesn’t happen very often, maybe every few days (twice a week, three at most). but it forces me to manually restart the server.

also, somebody told me it may be an exploit using something like table.Empty(debug.getregistry()) in the server addons. i searched all addons/lua files and found nothing related to it emptying that table.

edit: i also use LeyAC for my anti-cheat if thats anything helpful

and from what I’ve seen it may not be lag, as when the servers are full 40/40 for a long while it doesn’t happen.

It looks like whoever wrote the addon didn’t do the mandatory checks… if ( !IsValid( LocalPlayer( ) ) ) then return; end

When a player-meta function says it is nil, it is typically because the object referencing it ( such as ply or LocalPlayer( ), etc… ) is NULL ( empty entity ) or nil ( doesn’t exist ).

Edit: Show us the code…

you are saying that some addon I have is not running isvalid checks, then why are errors from different addons appearing (pointshop, specdm, gmod core files, donate system)

i don’t know where to start from showing code, is there anything exact you can specify. can you give more examples of how its done/places to look in/etc

Can you try temporarily removing SpecDM? It shows up in every single stack trace there.

forgot to mention, sorry.

I removed specdm and it still happens on the ttt server.

Can you post the new errors?

i havent managed to capture it just yet on any of the servers. and since this happens rarely, ill have to enable console logging for a week as I normally have it disabled to reduce i/o.

if anybody has any more info about this please post. that’d be great.

edit: im starting to think leyac has something to do with this (not really), so im going to remove it temporarily from 1 server to see what happens.

We can’t help you if you don’t show errors, code_gs asked to you about new errors, not the situation because everything can fail, but we need to know what failed

Also, leyac it’s CH stuff, you can ask to the coder about this, because…You paid it and he coded it

captured it on a prophunt server. this is the error that happens anytime a script uses IsValid. and by looking at the errors, it seems that IsValid is a null which results in the server. where should I go from here?

[ERROR] lua/includes/modules/widget.lua:38: attempt to call method 'IsValid' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - lua/includes/modules/widget.lua:38
   2. TraceLine - [C]:-1
    3. UpdateHovered - lua/includes/modules/widget.lua:46
     4. PlayerTick - lua/includes/modules/widget.lua:91
      5. fn - lua/includes/modules/widget.lua:151
       6. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:183

[ERROR] lua/includes/modules/widget.lua:38: attempt to call method 'IsValid' (a nil value)

I’d guess reinstall the server, since those are core files and if they are broken - something on your server is badly wrong.