Lua erros :/

There is 1 Lua problem!
Please check your console for more information!
[ERROR] Lua is unable to understand file “darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua” because its author made a mistake around line number 81.
The best help I can give you is this:

There is an opening ‘(’ bracket at line 62, but this bracket is never closed or not closed in time. It was expected to be closed before the ‘}’ at line 81.

Hints:
- Did you forget a comma?
- All open brackets ({, (, [) must have a matching closing bracket. Are you sure it’s there?
- Brackets must be opened and closed in the right order. This will work: ({}), but this won’t: ({)}.

------- End of Simplerr error -------

TEAM_SWAT = DarkRP.createJob(“S.W.A.T Member”, {
color = Color(51, 249, 154, 255),
model = {“models/player/swat.mdl”},
description = [[You are a member of the S.W.A.T Team (special weapons and tactics). You’re the police’s backup when shit goes down.]],
weapons = {m9k_ump45},
command = “swat”,
max = 4,
salary = 250,
admin = 0,
vote = true,
hasLicense = true,
candemote = true,
– CustomCheck
medic = false,
chief = false,
mayor = false,
hobo = false,
cook = false,
category = “”,
end,
}}

Please help!

}}

The error literally could not be any clear in telling you the issue.

I know but I’m really new to lua, is it a problem with the brackets at the end?

Alright, in that case - when you open with a bracket, i.e { or (, then you need to close it as well, otherwise you get an error

So on line 1, you’ve got ( and a {, but the last line has two }}

Yes, if you put it into Notepad++ with a lua highlighter,it will clearly show you the issue

http://puu.sh/kpPIo/20cdf7b908.png

Ah ok, thank you so much for your help.

[editline]27th September 2015[/editline]

That fixed that error, but now im getting this:

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua:148: unfinished string near ‘"},’

1. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua:0

TEAM_MAFIA = DarkRP.createJob(“Mafia Member”, {
color = Color(50, 8, 8, 255),
model = {“models/player/Group03/male_01.mdl”, “models/player/Group03/male_02.mdl”, “models/player/Group03/male_03.mdl”, “models/player/Group03/male_04.mdl”, “models/player/Group03/male_05.mdl”, “models/player/Group03/male_06.mdl”, “models/player/Group03/male_07.mdl”"},
description = [[You are a member of the Mafia, follow the agenda and listen to your boss.]],
weapons = {},
command = “mafiamember”,
max = 5,
salary = 5-,
admin = 0,
vote = false,
hasLicense = false,
candemote = true,
– CustomCheck
medic = false,
chief = false,
mayor = false,
hobo = false,
cook = false,
category = “”,
})

[editline]27th September 2015[/editline]

Sorry I also experienced these errors while creating catergories.

[ERROR] addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_customthings/categories.lua:25: ‘}’ expected (to close ‘{’ at line 23) near ‘categorises’

1. unknown - addons/darkrpmodification-master/lua/darkrp_customthings/categories.lua:0

DarkRP.createCategory{
name = “Bad Guys”
categorises = “jobs”, – What it categorises. MUST be one of “jobs”, “entities”, “shipments”, “weapons”, “vehicles”, “ammo”.
startExpanded = true, – Whether the category is expanded when you open the F4 menu.
color = Color(0, 107, 0, 255), – The color of the category header.
canSee = function(ply) return true end, – OPTIONAL: whether the player can see this category AND EVERYTHING IN IT.
sortOrder = 100, – OPTIONAL: With this you can decide where your category is. Low numbers to put it on top, high numbers to put it on the bottom. It’s 100 by default.
}}

And then this:

[DarkRP] A runtime error has occurred in “your jobs” on line -1.
The best help I can give you is this:

The category of “Black Market Dealer” (“Bad Guys”) does not exist!

Hints:
- Make sure the category is created with DarkRP.createCategory.
- The category name is case sensitive!
- Categories must be created before DarkRP finished loading.

The responsibility for this error lies with (the authors of) one (or more) of these files:
your jobs

It’s literally telling you what is wrong,

unfinished string near ‘"},’
“models/player/Group03/male_07.mdl”"},

The category of “Black Market Dealer” (“Bad Guys”) does not exist!
Make sure the category is created with DarkRP.createCategory.

You don’t really have to understand lua to see what the problem is, just read the errors carefully.

Can you use the CODE tags?
Also, a clear error is that you forgot to do TEAM_HEREGOESTHETEAMNAME
And youre also calling a function with a { instead of ( and you havent placed the string at the start of the function of the createjob function, as well as that table has a value that you dont need, wich is the name wich i said before how to do it.
Follow the fucking examples

Use the following code.

TEAM_MAFIA = DarkRP.createJob("Mafia Member", {
color = Color(50, 8, 8, 255),
model = {"models/player/Group03/male_01.mdl", "models/player/Group03/male_02.mdl", "models/player/Group03/male_03.mdl", "models/player/Group03/male_04.mdl", "models/player/Group03/male_05.mdl", "models/player/Group03/male_06.mdl", "models/player/Group03/male_07.mdl""},
description = [[You are a member of the Mafia, follow the agenda and listen to your boss.]],
weapons = {},
command = "mafiamember",
max = 5,
salary = 5-,
admin = 0,
vote = false,
hasLicense = false,
candemote = true,
)}

Categories code:

DarkRP.createCategory{
name = "Bad Guys"
categorises = "jobs",
startExpanded = true,
color = Color(0, 107, 0, 255),
canSee = function(ply) return true end, 
sortOrder = 100,
)}

I see you’re using TheCodingBeast’s tools on his website. His code adds unnecessary shit to it that I prefer to delete which is what I did here.