[LUA] Help making an RNG HUD

Hello! Hopefully I’m posting this in the right place. I’m fairly new to creating HUDs with LUA. I was wondering, how would I go about making a simple HUD that appears at the top left of the players screen. The HUD would just contain some text telling the player where they need to go. Every 180 seconds or so the HUD would change, telling the player what new place to go to. Any help is appreciated.

EX:

| GRADE 9/10: SCIENCE |

GRADE 11/12: SOCIAL STUDIES

180 SECONDS LATER

| GRADE 9/10: SOCIAL STUDIES |

GRADE 11/12: LANGUAGE ARTS

It’s called research, try use it some times before you ask to be spoon fed.

Oh and just look up HUDPaint on Gmod Wiki and figure it out your self?
Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I’m also trying to figure out how to make an RNG to go along with the HUD. I’ve done some research but couldn’t find anything.

Hey fucking asshole, no one likes you and your gonna die alone. If someone asks a questions don’t go out of your way to be a pompous cunt. The fact that you think playing video games and making a shitty video game server requires knowledge proves how sad your life really is. The only thing getting spoon fed is you and your parents still making meals for you when you’re 25 and still live in there basement. Get a life you fucking moron and stop going out of your way to make yourself feel less pathetic than you really are.

(User was banned for this post ("Rude" - Kiwi))

Chill.

Just because you didn’t find “how to create a HUD like this” doesn’t mean that you have to ask how to create that HUD
Learn Lua, learn how hud works, dont waste our time, we won’t code nothing for you

Thanks for the reply. I understand that. I’m not asking anyone to code anything for me. I’m just asking if someone could point me in the right direction.

That link basically explains everything in a nutshell. Use 2D paint functions in that hook, either surface or draw, it really doesn’t matter with what you’re trying to do.

Check out draw.SimpleText and the surface.DrawText example. You can also create fonts with surface.CreateFont.

Ok! Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!