Lua is unable to understand file "darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua"

I’m getting this error, and none of my jobs are showing up in the F4 menu. All was working fine until I added in customchecks.

[HR][/HR]
There is 1 Lua problem!
Please check your console for more information!
[ERROR] Lua is unable to understand file “darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua” because its author made a mistake around line number 177.
The best help I can give you is this:

There is an opening ‘{’ bracket at line 165, but this bracket is never closed or not closed in time. It was expected to be closed before the ‘customCheck’ at line 177.

Hints:
- Did you forget a comma?
- All open brackets ({, (, [) must have a matching closing bracket. Are you sure it’s there?
- Brackets must be opened and closed in the right order. This will work: ({}), but this won’t: ({)}.

------- End of Simplerr error -------
[HR][/HR]

My custom jobs are here

It literally tells you how to fix it

This is what Simplerr was made for

[lua]
TEAM_SADMIN = DarkRP.createJob(“Superadmin on duty”, {
color = Color(0, 255, 255, 255),
model = “models/dpfilms/metropolice/playermodels/pm_tron_police_or.mdl”,
description = [[Super Admin on Duty, do not RP as this job.]],
weapons = {“unarrest_stick”,“arrest_stick”,“weaponchecker”,“weapon_stunstick”},
command = “saod”,
max = 0,
salary = 100,
admin = 0,
vote = false,
hasLicense = false,
category = “staff”
customCheck = function(ply) return ply:CheckGroup(“superadmin”) end,
CustomCheckFailMsg = “This job is for SuperAdmin only!”
})
[/lua]

needs a comma after the category line

Thanks! this fixed it

Falco, you wasted your time making simplerr. People (especially kids that shouldn’t be running DarkRP servers in the first place) will still choose to ignore any help and expect someone else to fix their shit for them.

i personally hate simplerr and refuse to work with simplerr errors XD but to each their own

[editline]25th March 2016[/editline]

The real question is, did you learn WHY it fixed it, or will you be back next week with the same issue…

This is hilarious…

Actually READ the error and you might just be able to fix it.

[editline]25th March 2016[/editline]

Also, completely off topic, but tables do not need commas on their last values. Just letting you know.

I agree with you, I often find it to be inaccurate. Usually all you need is the line number and from that you can figure out what is wrong. Simplerr over complicates it by giving you more information (that is often wrong) then you need.

yes correct you can end each value in a table with a ; if you wanted to , the fact of the matter is, he should learn what the issue actually is instead of being spoon fed.

Touching core files is bad and all, but I find it best to go to darkrp\gamemode\blahblah jobrelated.lua. IF you know what you are doing.

Wtf?

No difference between using that or jobs.lua in darkrpmodification

If you do what he said, when you go to update darkrp and overwrite the existing installation, you lose any customizations you made to the gamemode, unless you save the customized files and copy them over again; it’s a huge pain in the ass if you’re a noob darkrp host like most of the darkrp hosts out there.

http://corefiles.darkrp.eu