Lua Problem [Ply:IPAddress()]

-solved- I got it myself -solved-

You mean the other way around right - it’s server side but you want to call it client side?

No its client side i need server side lol

If you think it’s client side I recommend you read the wiki page on it then. http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Player/IPAddress

Do you know what means server and client side?

omg if you use ply:IPAddress() it will send your ip … i need it to send the player im targeting ip …

If you are running code client side there is no way to get another players ip address WITHOUT some server side component. Show us your code and maybe we can help better.

So you shown us that you don’t have idea what’s client side part it’s
You can get it from the server…But you can’t reach it from the client…It’s server side

From the client, you need to ask to the server the ip, and then send it to the client that did the request, that’s how usually works the server<->client communication, that can be reached by net messages (I’m sure that you will make another thread asking “How can i send an ip to the client” because you don’t take the time for visit the megathread of questions)

PrintMessage(IPAddress())

How the fuck can you be a trusted coder(do jobs) when you don’t even know a simple thing like this.
http://coderhire.com/users/view/1385

Stop trying and go to learn lua/glua

Seems like he might be a trusted paster instead. :v:

Its called never working with some thing for one.

I don’t understand you jibberish when you say you need to net it k bye no one understands what you mean just an FYI

[editline]12th September 2014[/editline]

I get it now thanks for your “help” LOL http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Net_Library_Usage for only one that needs this with out the scrubs

What the hell are you trying to say/ask?

Maybe that’s why we aren’t that polite

Don’t see what your pointing out but ok?

If you don’t know what are you doing, don’t question what are we trying to correct you, we told you that’s server side, you kept saying “Its client side lol”
We told you HOW you must solve this

“From the client, you need to ask to the server the ip, and then send it to the client that did the request, that’s how usually works the server<->client communication, that can be reached by net messages”

And you kept “Oh guys, you’re scrub cuz u don’t tell me how i do this

So please, if you are going to ask us something , do research, it’s not your first thread that you ask something that you can search on google or can’t be posted on the questions megathread…

Explaining how to do it not going to do shit if I’m asking how to do it its cause I don’t know how to do it so telling me how to do it with no example is just a waste of time lol

If it is solved, mark it as solved. This is a forum for developer HELP not

"lul scrubs giev m3 fr33 c0de pls l0l "

Most of people here just asked for help only in the extreme case that they couldn’t find a solution, all what i learned was reading the wiki, if you really can’t find something there, go to gmod.org and search for addons and try to read the code…That’s how do you learn, not asking people to code for you