Original post by Drakehawke
Don’t know Lua? Don’t have the time to make things yourself? Here you can find someone who’ll do it for you!
Most of the previous hire threads have been made quickly and then neglected by their posters, I check this section several times a day and will aim to keep this post as up to date as possible. I’m crap with graphics so I wont make this a fancy thread with loads of images, but I’ll try to make up for it with information.
Aim to include:
- What you can and can’t do
- What you want and don’t want to do
- How long you want the job to take (a quick addon or DarkRP edit?, a long-term position in a community?, a complete gamemode?)
- What you’re willing to work for (free?, a small amount of money?, admin on a server?, a lot of money?)
- How you want to be paid (include payment method (eg PayPal) and how you want it to work (send half, give script, send rest or something else?))
- How you can be contacted (make sure the Steam profile URL on your Facepunch profile is still correct!)
If you’re going to post proof of your past work, try to put it elsewhere and link to it rather than embed 10 laggy YouTube videos in your post. Another option is to say you will provide evidence of past work on request, but that may not be the best method of attracting customers.
Aim to include:
- Exactly what you want done, if you wont post it because you think your idea is so amazing that someone is going to “steal” it then sorry but a) someone else has probably already done it anyway and b) you’re unlikely to attract many scripters.
- Exactly what you’re paying (or willing to pay), it’s honestly purely up to you how much you offer. Just bear in mind, if you offer too much nobody will probably tell you, so you could spend way more than you needed to, but if you offer too low you’re advert will just be ignored. If you’re just offering a community position (eg admin or owner) then feel free to post, but a word of warning the majority of scripters wont want that.
- A timeframe, do you want it done in a few days? a week? a month?
- How you want to be paid, both method and how you want it to work (eg send half, get script, send the rest).
- How you can be contacted (make sure the Steam profile URL on your Facepunch profile is correct).
- If you disagree with the payment or work somebody is advertising, don’t post saying so. Just because you wont work for admin in a community doesn’t mean someone else wont.
PayPal “donations”: Some scripters may require you to send your payment as a “Donation” on PayPal. This is more than usually because you can’t dispute donation payments. If you send it as a payment for Goods/Services, you can dispute it with PayPal if the scripter doesn’t provide what you paid for or it is significantly not as described. The donation payments can be used in one of two ways, either to make sure the hirer doesn’t scam the scripter by sending the money, getting the script then disputing it to get the money back, or to make sure the hirer can’t get his/her money back if the buyer scams them. Honestly there’s no real solution to this, regardless of how you do it there is still going to be some element of trust involved.
DarkRP edits: The majority of hiring posts in past threads have been requesting modifications or additions to the popular role-playing gamemode DarkRP. Please bear in mind there are lots of existing modifications for DarkRP available, so please check garrysmod.org and the Mods and Addons section of Facepunch before you go hiring, it’ll save you both money and dumb ratings.
Keep it up to date: When you’ve found a scripter, or found enough work for you to handle, or too busy to work anymore, please edit your post in this thread and add a note at the bottom saying so, this helps people reading to know whether you’re still available or not.
- Don’t be afraid to post in this thread about scamming hirers or scripters (I know several people may disagree with this but it’s for the best), but please don’t post just for the sake of starting an argument. Try and resolve it with the other party privately first, if that fails then make a post in this thread. Make sure you’ve given them at least 24 hours to respond too. Include as much evidence as possible, screenshots of Steam or any other communication, PayPal too where appropriate.
- I will try and maintain a list here of scripters or hirers that** I THINK** you should avoid. Of course it’s entirely up to you whether you still hire/work for them.
- I will only add people to this list if the evidence provided is compelling enough to prove that they did indeed scam somebody.
- Once you’ve posted your evidence and said your piece, leave it be, don’t derail this thread too much with an argument. I can’t speak for them but the forum moderators may or may not ban you if you derail the thread too much.
Suspected scammers: (note to mods, if for whatever reason you don’t wish for me to do this, I’m happy not to)
- Cookie Crumble
- Volkoff, Magic Whistle - Both owners of VolkoffGamers
Suggestion or complaint about this post? PM me or add me on STEAM.