Lua

-snip-

If you have read the Wiki, and lots of tutorials and still don’t understand simple lua, then maybe programming of any sort is not for you.

-snip-

isn’t it just.

That’s probably because you haven’t been introduced to the basics of programming (especially in Lua/Gmod). If asked, could you explain any of the following terms to me?

Object
Table
Variable and local variables
String
Entity
If/Then statement
For statement
While loop

Can i explain them?

Hmm wait i don’t know what an object is…

Table is a list of values

Variables are global X = “pie”
Local variables are only in where there defined eg : local pie = “x”

String is what my variables are above.

Entity is like the props. Lol i don’t know the technical word. But it can be an effect, weapon ,entity … Like umm… A watermelon. I Can’t explain it…

if x == “pie” then
local pie2 = “x”
end

for k,v in pairs (player.GetAll()) do
ply.Pie = “x”
end

while pie == “x” do

loop

(Not sure about the last one. I don’t use them often.)

-snip-

You gave the variable “name” three values, that won’t work. What you need to do is give name the value of whatever a player’s name is (I think you would use Player.GetName), then if it meets one of those names it will play the message.

You may also need to put in a return false or a return true statement for if none of those values show up for name. In C++ it’s that way at least, but I don’t know for sure on lua.

Have you considered learning a better documented and transferable language, such as JavaScript? It can be quite helpful for getting programming knowledge before attempting to learn a language that all official documentation of which assumes you are a hardened programmer.