(Mac OS 10.6.8) Gmod won't open, stays stuck on initial loading screne with engine error.

Good day everyone,
I recently tried to open Gmod and was suprised to find that it had frozen on the initial loading screen.
After force-quitting Gmod a engine error message appeared , saying 'FT_New_Memory_Face failed. font:Tahoma error:85

http://www.imgur.com/HhU1oaP,6LNsWK5

I play Garry’s Mod heaps, and I hope someone can help.

Best Regards,
Kanebotz1.

I have the same issue. I have it with Arial though, but the error is still 85.

[editline]11th March 2015[/editline]

I also have Snow Leopard, the best version of OSX ever.

Snow leopard is definately the best! you can also still run PowerPC programs!

Yup that’s why it’s the best

This is actually kind of urgent, neither dev nor live branch is working and I’ve got to do some work on my server
I’ll even take a temporary fix

I mean I worked around it a bit by installing Mac OS X on another Hard drive (10.9.5) but now my Gmod Crashes a crap ton and some servers it just crashes :confused:

I just tested gmod on my Mac here (Yosemite 10.10.2) and it works OK. No crashing so far.

EDIT: The game does crash during or after connection to a server; but it is Awesomium that causes it. Others have already shared a similar stack trace to what I saw.

This specific crash on startup bug is only affecting Snow Leopard (10.6). The Mavericks (10.9) issue mentioned a couple posts ago is on server join and is a different bug. It’s also not version specific.

I have the same problem - tahoma error 85.

I’m still on 10.6.8. Will upgrading to 10.10 fix the issue?

Thanks!