Machinima?

Machinima has grown at a fast strong pace since RvB in 2003 to War of the Servers in 2007, and is still doing so.

But what is machinima? Does machinima have to be made like Shelf life or war of the servers or can it be made like the series Gmod idiot Box made by DaBooShit. Were it is constantly having random scenes or does it have to stay on a story line and on topic. Because in my view I count Gmod idiot box and Shelf life as both machinima just in different formats.

""Machinima is film making within a real-time, 3D virtual environment, often using 3D video-game technologies.

In an expanded definition, it is the convergence of film making, animation and game development. Machinima is real-world film making techniques applied within an interactive virtual space where characters and events can be either controlled by humans, scripts or artificial intelligence.

By combining the techniques of film making, animation production and the technology of real-time 3D game engines, Machinima makes for a very cost- and time-efficient way to produce films, with a large amount of creative control.""

Both are the same wouldn’t you say?

Shelf life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWB72My5_c
Gmod Idiot Box: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2eUUHkpvQA
War of the servers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8

“NOTE” I didn’t were to place this thread so I’m sorry if I’ve posted it in the worng area.

Machinima is a massive ass-hog of all the videos that are popular, not necessarily funny. Everything that bullshit and whoever else makes ARE machinimae, but they aren’t under the banner of that video (i don’t want to say company) mogul.

If u wana watch some good machinima watch machinima respawn thats all game videos and gliches mods and anything good none of that dube crap.

Nah Machinima Respawn just talks about Tips for games i.e. Mw2. This thread here focus on Machinima not machinima.com just Machinima.

[editline]04:55AM[/editline]

I’ve kinda lost you here. So what your trying to say is that machinima.com gets all the popular machinima videos out there and places them on there channel?

And any other machinima out there that is not on Machinima.com is not called Machinima but machinime?

Wow there is no criticism bad enough for this post.

Give me a shot.

ehehe

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming/Trolling" - UberMensch))

Oh no you don’t you two. Go some were else, your not derailing this thread.

• Stay on the task-

[editline]07:34AM[/editline]

Also this: Does machinima have to follow a guild line were there must be meaning and a story line behind it, before it’s counted as machinima?

Why can’t I say its machinima even tho its using a pre-existing game engine?

Am I allowed to bump my own threads? D:

Makes you look like one of those kids in high school who dresses in all black and jumps around and scream for his 15 minute of fame, and when its over you try to revive it…
Thats all your doing man when you bump your own post.

Machinmas a good way to learn how to edit.

Machinima by definition is anything filmed within a video game. This isn’t a complicated science or anything, if it’s filmed inside a game, it’s machinima.

Totally agree.

[editline]06:00AM[/editline]

Well I am still in high school but not 15. Also I’m not really into jumping around for 15mins and screaming. Didn’t really get wearing black thing tho? You trying to say I’m emo or goth or you?

But yeah lets stay on topic boys n girls

Make a machinima, show it to some friends but not someone who will tell you it’s good so they don’t hurt your feelings. Don’t make a thread in the news section to announce your new machinima. Get some reviews of it, find out what’s bad and what’s good, what needs changing and what needs removing. Do this over and over until you don’t get many bad reviews and then upload it to Youtube and see the comments.

I was thinking about this YESTERDAY, i was thinking about making a machinima. I thought GMOD! There so much stuff you can do! Anyways is anyway interested? Pm mE!

[editline]06:50PM[/editline]

LMAO, the idiot box made me Lul