Make players deaf

Hey, I’ve got a sweet menu for my gamemode that lets players view the map. Though when players preview the menu, they can hear the game around them, and I’d rather not have that. Is there a function available, where one might make a player deaf. Deaf as in, unable to hear the world around them, but still able to hear sounds from a menu.

This is probably wrong, but I couldn’t think of any other way to dull out the sound but this does most of the work.

[lua]
if SERVER then
Entity(1):SetDSP(133, false)
end
[/lua]

This piece of code doesn’t do what I think its supposed to. I put it both clientside and serverside, and I can still hear the world on startup.

It makes it so every sound is modified to sound like it’s in an openspace.

Which is why I said this is the only way that I can think of to dull out the sound…

can’t you just tp them to a super far location while at the map and tp them back when done?

LocalPlayer():ConCommand( “volume 0” )?

I think the mad weapon base uses a flashbang sound effect which dulls sound around the player ( ringing of the ears ). Is that the effect you’re looking for?

That would be annoying as anything. To have a ringing noise constantly going off till you joined in.

You can try teleporting the player away from the action.

Maybe not the best solution, but you could try running this in a Think hook,

sound.Play( "common/NULL.wav", vector_origin )

The null sound stops all other sounds if I remember correctly.

There doesn’t seem to be a solution to the problem I’m having with all of the issues getting solved, so I’m just going to go with the teleporting the player camera to some far off place and making the screen black to keep from getting weird map clipping issues.