- tedious crafting (times)
- large group meta
- stale roofcamping
- mediocre map generation - still no legacy map remake and the alternatives suck.
- laughable attachments (legacy - everyone used these. experimental - noone uses these.)
- useless large medkit (used to heal 3hp/s in legacy, was just fine - now noone uses it.)
- (for the longest time)overpowered syringes. just why?
- abundance of radtown loot and ressources
- super useless early gameweapons (super rare to aquire via BP system, underpowered)
- teching up time got artificially extended by unfun grinding and rarity mechanics - dull design decision. let’s see the new system.
- PVP is now shit due to plate armor and ballistics (semi realistic) paired with “aids” movement (unrealistic. a shitty combination, which was countered by forcing players to crouch with the best weapon…) compared to what it was and lacks consistency and reliabilty.
They just went ahead and reworked and broke mechanics that worked just fine - contrary to popular demand - throwing fun and playability out of the window for the sake of fulfilling their visions? :
“Experimental” - “cuz we experiment up in this bitch” ?
The remake was necessary due to coding limitations (similarly so in Dayz), however remaking the gameplay/core aspects entirely wasn’t, right?
I wish I could get some insight as to why some of these decisions were made, because frankly, from a dedicated players perspective they barely make sense. I still enjoy the game, but it could be so much better.