Making a curved road?

Lol, title says it all, I just don’t get what’s wrong either though… I used the Objects bar and made a Primitive Arch… And, the textures don’t align, can someone help me with this?

Here’s a picture…

Alt+Right click does the aligning for you.

EDIT:

While using the texture tool.

Hmmm… I’ve tried it, do I have to mess with Rotation? Because it makes half the different segments of the road face different directions

No, you just have to select the last brush face that you textured, and while holding Alt, assign the textue to the next brush face.

It should automatically do all that rotation and sizing etc for you.

1. Click the horizontal road.
  2. Alt-right-click the INSIDE of the curve, not the top of it, not the outside, the inside.
  3. After right clicking all of those, right click one of the outside brushes and apply it to the top of that brush, then select the next outside brush face and the next top of that same brush, continue till the end.

It’s hard to explain.

[editline]04:33PM[/editline]

Also, your horizontal road doesn’t look correct. Select the top face, press “fit” then look at the “x value” for “texture scale” and make that the “y value” for “texture scale” after that, click “apply” then press the “c button”

[editline]04:33PM[/editline]

Also, your horizontal road doesn’t look correct. Select the top face, press “fit” then look at the “x value” for “texture scale” and make that the “y value” for “texture scale” after that, click “apply” then press the “c button”

Ok, so I just totally scrapped that road, lol, got me confused, so I make the arched road, and then do all that?

You need a horizontal road first so you can alt-right-click from it onto the inside of the curved road.

Selecting all the curving brushes, bringing up the texture options and clicking on “World” or “Face” would have solved that problem for you.

I wish hammer had uv tools. I mean, texture coords are already there, they should just let us get at them, even if it’s manual edit.

And I say this because alt+right click only rotates the texture and aligns it, it doesn’t fit or warp it, so textures on a curved road can never be perfect this way.

Okay that last guide was sort of right, and close to how I did mine.

1. On a straight piece of road that is connected to one end of the arch, use the texture tools select mode on the top surface of the road, then alt and right click the inside side of the road.

2. Select the face you just textured, then alt & right click the inside face of the first arch segment, select this segments insde face that you just textured.

3. With the newly textured face selected, alt & right click the next inside face along the arch, then select that face. Repeat this process until you have textured all the inside faces of the arch.

4. Now go back to any of the segments inside face, select it, then alt & right click the top face of the same segment. Do this for all segments in the arch. You should then have a aligned road.

It may not look the best, but it’s better than nothing right?

I don’t get what you guys mean by “inside”.

What do you mean by “inside”?

This is what we mean:

But it looks like your road’s “inside” brush face is as thin as a displacement >_>

Shits going to be tough to do quickly at that thickness.

Ooh, I see, thanks.