Making a prop not solid, but still have collisions?

I’m trying to make an entity that only collides with the world and can only be interacted with by the gravity gun and by pressing E or R on it. I have been getting by by setting the collision group to [del]COLLISION_GROUP_NONE[/del]COLLISION_GROUP_WORLD. However, this poses some problems that can’t be ignored. One big problem is that NPCs still treat this entity as an obstacle and will get stuck or try to go around it. Another problem is that hitting it with bullets or other weapons leaves the hit decals on the model. Entity.SetSolid gets rid of these two problems, but then it also falls through the world.

Is there anything I can use to get what I need?

I saw this on a dark rp server by “assured gaming”, so I know this can be done. Is it possible to use code from the no-collide tools and no-collide the object with other props and players?

Enums/COLLISION

I’d suggest trying COLLISION_GROUP_DEBRIS, COLLISION_GROUP_INTERACTIVE and COLLISION_GROUP_IN_VEHICLE

Oops, I meant to say I had been using COLLISION_GROUP_WORLD not COLLISION_GROUP_NONE.

I did try this though with no luck:
[lua] self:SetCollisionGroup( bit.bor(COLLISION_GROUP_DEBRIS, COLLISION_GROUP_INTERACTIVE, COLLISION_GROUP_IN_VEHICLE) ) [/lua]
Can I even use bit.bor with this anyway?

I meant something like trying all 3 of them independently :v: