Making an RP server with a friend, need suggestions to make it unique

The title says it all. We’re adding a couple of extra classes and entities but we need some stuff that no other RP servers have to give ours a unique feeling that will bring people back. I’m new at Lua so I can’t do things that are too crazy, but any suggestions given will at least be attempted

don’t use darkrp.

Indeed, normal people tend to ignore DarkRP servers, it’s like a magnet for idiots

GMod RP on oviscity, simple and fun.

Write a story for your server that isn’t;

A. The end of the world
B. Post apocalyptic
C. Normal big city crap
D. Gang warfare
E. Videogame reference

Think outside the box, it’s hard but not impossible.

The End of the Gang-Ridden Post-Videogame Refernce City? YES.

Anyways, you do need to be creative to be set apart. Try to avoid “KILL EVERYTHING” ideas, though. It’s not so fun after a while.

What about 1940’s new york RP?

1800’s london RP would be even better. Less weapons and just about the same thing.

We’re adding a couple of extra ivory short wedding dress and entities but we need some stuff that no other RP small strapless ivory wedding dress have to give ours a unique feeling that will bring people back. I’m new at Lua so I can’t do things that are too elegant ivory wedding dress but any suggestions given will at least be attempted

1800’s london would be all about Victorians with big top hats and scummy side streets full of paupers.

1940’s new york would be all about mob wars, slightly less scummy side streets with paupers and classy art deco shit.

But a Victorian/steampunk rp would be sweet.

best theme ever.

1800 London RP can be done if it is comic like or very depressive. I would like to see it comic. Aka Jeeves and Wooster serie film.