Making Geometrical forms

Hi,

I have been trying to make some forms to huds, and just to learn how I can make them and I been trying to make this forms:

Can someone tell me how I can make them ? ( I know I need to use DrawPoly but I really cant understand how to do it )

Question 2 : What is the size of a gmod screen ( X = ??? Y = ???/Height = ??? Width = ??? )

If I get the X and Y/Height and Width of the Gmod Screen I could try to make a template to know the X and Y and would be probably easier to make rectangles and other forms.

GMod renders from top left corner down to the lower right corner.
So:

You can get the screen resolution by calling ScrW() to get width, and ScrH() to get height.

x = 0
y = 0
Width = ScrW()
Height = ScrH()

Here’s an example from the wiki, so I don’t understand what it is you don’t understand.

surface.DrawPoly takes a table of vertices, for example:

surface.DrawPoly( { -- Triangle covering the upper half diagonal side of the screen.

{ x = 0, y = 0 },
    { x = ScrW(), y = 0 },
    { x = 0, y = ScrH() }

} )

But How would I get the ScrW and the ScrH in numbers ??

ScrW() and ScrH() already return a number, the width, and height, respectively.

Here’s an image that should help you visualize the polygon.

I wanted to know the ScrW and ScrH in numbers so I could make something like this

So when I am making something that needs X and Y would be easier to find out

You may want to learn programming some programming basics firsts.

ScrW() is a function that returns the client’s screen resolution width.

Instead of using constants, use ScrW() and ScrH() respectively so that HUD positioning / dimensions are dynamic. If you want to know ScrW() and ScrH(), simply print them onto the conolse, but again. Don’t use “magic numbers”.