Making NPCs

Hi, I recently got Garry’s Mod and experimented with it. Turns out, I really like it and was hoping to use it for some of my machimina. I was curious on the concept of making NPCs. Could I receive any help or a tutorial on how to make custom NPCs? ( For example : a Left 4 Dead Survivors NPCs [I have the game and the ragdolls.] ) Thanks in advance.

bump?

You’d need to learn Lua, but to be honest the NPCs you want most likely are already in existence. http://garrysmod.org/ helps to find some, so does searching Facepunch.

Also, for your own sake avoid bumping topics too often or without reason. There isn’t a rule list, but people have been banned in the past for things like bump spam.

Alright, thanks for the warning, I’ve searched up on garrymods.com though, but no luck in finding the NPCs I want. If there is no specific guide on making custom NPCs, where can I learn Lua?

I’m warning you, you might end up running into a ton of work depending on how you do it. To be honest, it’s not that easy, and I’ve been programming for a year or more. Knock yourself out:

Click on Lua documentation and begin to read up on Lua. Don’t forget there’s a huge FAQ in the questions board under Lua in this forum

Alright, thanks for the help.