Making weapons hold like a smg?

can someone please tell me how to make the sweps i make to become weilded like a smg. I really like to make the terminator model (trp t600 model) to be able to use my custom made minigun like a smg.

Well you might wanna move this to the Lua Section because it’s more of Lua unless you are working on this in 3ds max?

Ok umm how do you move threads? Im new to these kind of stuff.

I’m 99% sure you can’t move threads.

Anyways, I’m pretty sure you have to set it to use SMG animations. I haven’t coded SWEPs since GMod9, so I don’t know what the function call would be, but in the mod code, it was something like “SetAnimType()”.

kindly ask a moderater to move it

SWEP.HoldType					= "smg"
SWEP.RealHoldType				= "smg"

Those are the two I usually change to change the holdtype, though it doesn’t seem to always work.

it works but they hold it like pistols o.0

Yea as I said doesn’t always work. It is a known bug thats been around for ages, think you have to hack around it to ensure it works, but you’d have to ask a Lua weapon coder how to do that :slight_smile:

In the last few gmod updates garry made holdtypes shared, if there is a
if (SERVER) then
end
around your SWEP:SetWeaponHoldType( “smg” ) or self:SetWeaponHoldType( self.HoldType ) then remove it.

Well if you are trying make a Rifle or something that looks like your holding a Rifle try

SWEP.HoldType = “ar2”
SWEP.RealHoldType = “ar2”

it shouldn’t look like a Pistol holy type then.

That might have been what I saw it looks familar, good to know :slight_smile:

I already posted that further up ¬.¬