Map can't find specified file path... Help please.

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" "C:\HammerAutosave\rp_fortgreen_version_one.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (May 15 2014)
4 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\HammerAutosave\rp_fortgreen_version_one.vmf
Brush 707: ParseDispInfoChunk: nummapdispinfo > MAX_MAP_DISPINFO
Side 3
Texture: DEV/DEV_MEASUREGENERIC01B

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\HammerAutosave\rp_fortgreen_version_one.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\maps\rp_fortgreen_version_one.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

I’ve tried renaming it so many times.
I would like to see what people think.

Also second quest, you can choice to answer this one. So i decided to make the hugest map in Garry’s mod…
so… my dimensions are
front: length=30752.0,height 6112.0
side: length=30752.0,height 6112.0
top: length=30752.0,height=30752.0

The question, that i have is… will it crash the client or will it run but every laggy. I got it upto top Length=20750.0,Height=20750.0. And i was pretty glad that worked, my question the bigger it gets the more memory it uses correct or is there a Render System that i will depend on the FOV’s distance and keeps it from overloading.

Anywas, if you can help thanks!

In my experience, you get this message because the map never compiled completely at all.

Yeah man your map didn’t compile, do you have any overlays in your map? Any accidental concave brushes?

Are you two reading the compile log?

Brush 707: ParseDispInfoChunk: nummapdispinfo > MAX_MAP_DISPINFO

It has something to do with displacements. Either you used too many power of four displacements, the displacements are too big, or you used simply too many. Do you have a screenshot of your map?

I will screenshot the map soon here, but i am using the power four displacements for extra detail, which i noticed that the game engine couldn’t render nor compile it correctly. So i’m moving the terrain back to three, if you can give any suggestions of the map being more detailed but with less lag and being huge, with mountains and stuff. But i hardly bet the Source Engine can handle it. I can’t wait for Source Engine 2 hopefully they fix that problem. Alright, thanks for responding everyone!

Safest bet with the size of your map is to cut them into squares of 512, 1024, or 2048. 1024 would probably be best if your looking for detail. Or better yet, for plains and low detail areas, have those cut to 1024+, and for high detail areas like creeks, dikes, and small rivers, cut them to 256 or 128(this would actually require planning though :P)

I recommend you compile maps large than 16384x16384 with a third party compiler. I’ve been able to pull shit through with VBCT that I’ve never been able to get a full compile out of with hammer. That said, it’s not what your problem seems to be.

What are the brush dimensions of your largest displacement surface?

[editline]25th March 2015[/editline]

From personal experience, it is entirely within the limits of the compiler to compile a map with the X Y dimensions of 31744x31744, with a floor made out of 31 by 31 1024 unit squares with power 4 displacements and leaving a gap of 1024 units on each side from the inner wall of the playable area. My guess is that you’ve created a very large brush and made a face of it into a displacement, and the map will probably compile if you divide it up into smaller faces.

I have my map LandScape/Terrain Tiles, 512x512. Which this is what is causing the problem.
As Magman77 Said

Hammer, is very glitchy and hardly able to stand on its own feet. And, 31744x314744 will make it less laggy and stop the crashing, also it will not look the greatest which i would have to learn puting bushs and grass to kinda cover my mistakes which is always a bad thing.

Thanks for responding everyone, i’m still trying to figure out making a big map with good terrain.