Map causes LUA error - help!

Hey, I don’t really know lua, so I need you guys to have a look at this.
My map gm_Lair occasionally gets flooded with lua errors (which is weird, because there are no lua scripts in there!). I’ve heard this from multiple people and made sure it’s not the fault of any other addon:

[ERROR] gamemodes/sandbox/entities/entities/base_gmodentity.lua:19: attempt to call method 'GetEyeTrace' (a nil value)
1. BeingLookedAtByLocalPlayer - gamemodes/sandbox/entities/entities/base_gmodentity.lua:19
2. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/entities/entities/base_gmodentity.lua:30

I was able to reproduce the error multiple times by spending some time in the map and flying around. The error occurs seemingly randomly, removing the player and spamming the console with the lua error.
Does anyone have an idea what’s going on?

Uh I have experienced this error too, it is caused by the player being removed, not opposite. I am not sure what deletes the player though.

If that’s the case you might be able to replace the func_ entity that’s removing the player, but you’d have quite a hard time pinning it down. I think it’s some sort of prop removal system to prevent props that go outside of the normal map boundaries where players should never get to (without noclip.)