Map "Compiled" but didn't Compile

I’ve got a map thats probably 3 quarters the size of the Hammer grid, all custom textures, all custom models, one elevator, 9 or 10 Displaced brushes, and just to see how well things work; no lighting. It appears to compile normally, it goes the all the processes and gets to Copying file and it looks like it finishes. I checked my maps folder, though, and the map was not there. I tried re-compiling, didnt work, I tried compiling a 3rd time with starting the game on, didnt work. Any ideas as to what’s wrong?

Did you save the VMF to the folder you want the BSP to be in?

Yeah, everything is where it should be.

Post the compile log.

Stupid question, but where are the compile logs? I’ve never really needed to look at them.

The compile log should be shown while you’re compiling, and it is saved in the folder where the .vmf is.

(example: rp_citymap_v289402.log)

Yeah. Just figured that out. Anyway, here it is.

materialPath: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.vmf
***need to set $abovewater for material dev/dev_water2_cheap
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 400, brush 0)

2 threads
reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.bsp
Error opening c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.bsp

Could not find lights.rad in lights.rad.
Trying VRAD BIN directory instead…
Warning: Couldn’t open texlight file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\lights.rad.
Loading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.bsp
Error opening c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.bsp

materialPath: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.vmf
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 400, brush 0)

2 threads
reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.bsp

Warning: Couldn’t open texlight file c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\lights.rad.
Loading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\cpl_shepard185\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rpg_beta6.bsp

2 threads

There appears to be a lot of fits about lighting, maybe i have to have lights?

Neither vbsp, vvis or vrad were run.

Select all your displacements and press the ToWorld button

[editline]1st January 2012[/editline]

vbsp ran. Did you just throw it in the error checker or did you even read it?

I read it then checked it. Since it said vbsp hadn’t ran, I assumed I had read wrong.

Well, I tried that, but still with no success.
I selected all of my displacements and used the BringToWorld Button and the compile log now is:

2 threads

Assuming you know how, do an entity report and go through every single one of your func_details and make sure they aren’t a warped brush caused by displacement manipulation.

If you don’t know how to do an entity report it should be under Map on the top toolbar.

To make it a bit easier, inside the entity report click the button that says “Brush entities”.

Well…it still isn’t fixed. Displacements CANNOT be entities for any reason. Select every single displacement in your map and hit the to world button. Then, do not tie it to an entity of any kind.