Map Compiling (Not Responding)

Hey Guys, I was trying to compile a map. And it just does a not responding… any help?

materialPath: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xxhardy38xx\half-life 2\hl2\materials
Loading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xxhardy38xx\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\rp_ascrp_destruction.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xxhardy38xx\half-life 2\hl2\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blendsandsand008b_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blendmudmud001a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blendsandrock004c_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blenddirtgrass001b_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blendrocksand004a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blenddirtdirt001a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blenddirtmud003a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blendmuddirt001a_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_ascrp_destruction/nature/blendsandsand008a_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...100...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 2426 detail faces...done (0)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (2)
writing c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xxhardy38xx\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\rp_ascrp_destruction.prt...Building visibility clusters...
done (0)
Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Finding displacement neighbors...
Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Building Physics collision data...
done (1) (1524352 bytes)
Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Compacting texture/material tables...
Reduced 5562 texinfos to 4672
Reduced 199 texdatas to 168 (5543 bytes to 3859)
Writing c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xxhardy38xx\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\rp_ascrp_destruction.bsp
17 seconds elapsed

8 threads
reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xxhardy38xx\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\rp_ascrp_destruction.bsp
reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xxhardy38xx\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc\rp_ascrp_destruction.prt
6400 portalclusters
21411 numportals

It differs, it changes and stuff. Any help?

When it says its “not responding”, that’s usually an issue with windows assuming its crashed. It hasn’t, be patient.

Problem is, I let it do so for 24 hours, and still nothing.

Well that’s not right. How large is the map and how much optimization have you done?

do you have a lot of little geometry in weird shapes? It’s best to func_detail those as long as they don’t obstruct views. Otherwise, it generates a lot of useless visleaves, as well as increase your compile time. you can hit “map” then go down to “load portal file” to see where vvis is choking on.

Well, when I originally had it compiled(Two months ago) it was 53 MB, your welcome to try fixing it yourself, I can try paying. :slight_smile:

[editline]4th September 2012[/editline]

http://www.mediafire.com/?8mbwhkkb5zyr7a7

I already got payed for easy crap like this once maybe I can do it again. :v:

EDIT:
okay see this crap here?

That’s your problem. It’s all world geometry. you can make most of that func_detail. I can optimize some other stuff if you’d like. Nice map BTW better than most beginners.

OH MY GOD, what messy brushes. I can clean them up, though it’s better for experience if you do yourself.

what the hell is that spiral thing and please tell me its tied to a func_detail

It is, and that is the lighthouse stairs. Now the lighthouse itself looks like it was carved…

I take back what I said about easy…

Holy crap son, What the Heck… 0.o

I could fix it, but that would be a pay job :V

You did not open that .vmf huh? There is sphere solid with like 143 faces completely off grid.

OP i think you should start new map(s) where you can train some techniques for making caves, optimalization and such, and after some time come back to this and create it again from scratch, because all i see in .vmf is not compileable off grid geometry with some ridiculous shapes

Alright, mind adding me on steam? http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZARPhalokiller38/

dont pay him just to touch up your map a bit, learn to do it yourself

Some people would rather be lazy than learn.

I decided to be a mapping guru and shed my mapping skills. :v:

He needs to learn how bad carve is :3

You’re encouraging him to be lazy just for quick money, man.

2:40 PM - Halokiller38: You added me. 
2:41 PM - Stiffy360: cause you asked?
2:41 PM - Stiffy360: for your map
2:42 PM - Halokiller38: Yea, for someone to fix. :s
2:42 PM - Halokiller38: Cause I am stupid. 
2:42 PM - Stiffy360: It's better for exp if you learn
2:43 PM - Halokiller38: I know. But I have other projects I have to attend to. You see, I model, retexture and Lua code. 
2:43 PM - Halokiller38: and I can only learn if someone teaches me. 
2:43 PM - Stiffy360: I can teach you ^^
2:43 PM - Halokiller38: Or something. 
2:43 PM - Stiffy360: your map has quite a few issues but its a nice map
2:44 PM - Halokiller38: Alright well. It needs to be in about.... 3 to 4 hours. I got a MRI I am about to go Into. And then I got a shit ton of other stuff. 
2:44 PM - Stiffy360: ah cool
2:44 PM - Stiffy360: okay where to start
Halokiller38 has changed their name to Halokiller38 - BBL.
2:45 PM - Stiffy360: I guess I'll just cover basic issues first
2:45 PM - Halokiller38 - BBL: I gtg. 
2:45 PM - Stiffy360: oh
2:45 PM - Stiffy360: bye :(
2:45 PM - Halokiller38 - BBL: Be back soon. 
2:45 PM - Stiffy360: throw me a message

and to quote myself
"OH MY GOD, what messy brushes. I can clean them up, though it’s better for experience if you do yourself. "

You decided to be a mapping guru…

Riiiight…

You are an ass. Go sell a some outdated gamemode. Make all your detail things that the user won’t interact with all func_detail and make sure your grass isn’t using insane amount of detail props. Other thing is your processor may be a little outdated. How many cores does your CPU have?

ive got few skyscrapers on the background on my map, should i just func detail them? :v:

If they are not props, I would, but we all learn different ways. Also, it depends if you want them taking lighting effects, or any Special effects. I believe func_details don’t receive any effects.

(I can’t tell if you’re trolling)