Floor plans (birds-eye layouts) are an essential part of starting a planned map. So, what method of creating a floor plan do you use?
Here’s what I’m aware of (I’ll be adding to the list as people respond):
- Pencil and graph paper (no link here, folks)
- Nice and handy, but problematical if you don’t have a scanner.
- Computer software:
a. Google Sketchup (http://sketchup.google.com/)
- A basic 3D construction app, free of charge.
b. Google Images (http://images.google.com/)
- Not exactly a “floor plan” application, but extremely helpful for formulating a rough idea of what you’re attempting to create.
- Also helpful for finding inspiration (see: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=602159)
c. I’ll be adding to the list as more methods show up in the thread.