Mapping allows you to express and create your own image, let the less fortunate be allowed to do that too.
Child abuse, probably looks like a distant item you’ve never got a good look at, right? Most or if not all of you are fortunate enough not to have suffered from child abuse but why should that stop you from doing anything about it?
Facts about Child abuse:
• 7 percent of children experienced serious physical abuse at the hands of their parents or carers during childhood.
• 1 percent of children experienced sexual abuse by a parent or carer and another 3 per cent by another relative during childhood.
• 11 percent of children experienced sexual abuse by people known but unrelated to them. 5 per cent of children experienced sexual abuse by an adult stranger or someone they had just met.
• 6 percent of children experienced serious absence of care at home during childhood.
• 6 percent of children experienced frequent and severe emotional maltreatment during childhood.
• 16 percent of children experienced serious maltreatment by parents, of whom one third experienced more than one type of maltreatment.
Up to 79,000 are looked after by the authorities in Great Britain, most probably don’t have a computer to call their own and generally probably don’t have time to relax and express their feelings, be it in an art form or through something similar.
Now, I bet you’re thinking “What the hell does this have to do with mapping” and I completely agree with why you’re saying that, but what I’ve proposed is to have a sponsored 24 hour map-a-thon broadcasted over Livestreams and highlighted in either this thread or another one, the rules are simple: host a Livestream of you mapping Anything over the 24 hour period you will be given at a later date. Here are the rules:
- All maps must be started from scratch
- All contestants must be streaming for as long as they can.
- No maps may be edited outside of streaming.
- Planning and sketching of the map may be done outside of streaming times, you can do anything on hammer related to the map outside of streaming times as long as it is not added to the map at a later date.
- All entries must post their compiled work at the end of the 24 hours.
- If you’re found to be cheating in any way after/before the mapping hours, you will be disqualified.
While we’re organising this I’m hoping to gain some publicity, if anyone has contacts with well known websites (Rock Paper Shotgun, CS:Nation etc) please Private message me or add me on steam. You can donate at the page below! I can’t touch these funds by the way!
Dates and times will be decided at a later date.