Map for charity, change lives.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Map_for_charity_change_lives.jpg

Mapping allows you to express and create your own image, let the less fortunate be allowed to do that too.

Child abuse, probably looks like a distant item you’ve never got a good look at, right? Most or if not all of you are fortunate enough not to have suffered from child abuse but why should that stop you from doing anything about it?
Facts about Child abuse:

• 7 percent of children experienced serious physical abuse at the hands of their parents or carers during childhood.
• 1 percent of children experienced sexual abuse by a parent or carer and another 3 per cent by another relative during childhood.
• 11 percent of children experienced sexual abuse by people known but unrelated to them. 5 per cent of children experienced sexual abuse by an adult stranger or someone they had just met.
• 6 percent of children experienced serious absence of care at home during childhood.
• 6 percent of children experienced frequent and severe emotional maltreatment during childhood.
• 16 percent of children experienced serious maltreatment by parents, of whom one third experienced more than one type of maltreatment.

Up to 79,000 are looked after by the authorities in Great Britain, most probably don’t have a computer to call their own and generally probably don’t have time to relax and express their feelings, be it in an art form or through something similar.

Now, I bet you’re thinking “What the hell does this have to do with mapping” and I completely agree with why you’re saying that, but what I’ve proposed is to have a sponsored 24 hour map-a-thon broadcasted over Livestreams and highlighted in either this thread or another one, the rules are simple: host a Livestream of you mapping Anything over the 24 hour period you will be given at a later date. Here are the rules:

1. All maps must be started from scratch
  2. All contestants must be streaming for as long as they can.
  3. No maps may be edited outside of streaming.
  4. Planning and sketching of the map may be done outside of streaming times, you can do anything on hammer related to the map outside of streaming times as long as it is not added to the map at a later date.
  5. All entries must post their compiled work at the end of the 24 hours.
  6. If you’re found to be cheating in any way after/before the mapping hours, you will be disqualified.

While we’re organising this I’m hoping to gain some publicity, if anyone has contacts with well known websites (Rock Paper Shotgun, CS:Nation etc) please Private message me or add me on steam. You can donate at the page below! I can’t touch these funds by the way!

Dates and times will be decided at a later date.

Dude sounds good but a lot of people will think you’l just keep the money for yourself.

I understand that people will be apprehensive to give their money to some random stranger, if the money is in any way tampered with I’ll forcibly beg the admins not only to ban me, but I’ll refund anything that is taken, if it’s taken by me or somebody else.

How can we trust that you will live up to that?

You yourself can’t trust me, but you can take my word, if we gain enough publicity and I take the money, I couldn’t return to the internet for a decent two years without being barged off. Please, you can trust me with this.

And anyway, theft is the lowest of all crimes, taking money from a helpful cause is just like… well I can’t think of a metaphor to describe it but it’s just wrong, I’m not that type of person.

I am not that fantastic of a mapper, but if you can promise that you will live up to your word then sure I will take part.

so what… All we have to do is map for 24 hours?

You should know you if this is fake you WILL get caught for scamming through paypal. Please think about it again. And if this is real props to you I guess.

Guys he knows already. He asked me if it would be a good idea to make something like this, I told him go for it.

Which charity would it be going to?

“NSPCC” (National Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children)

Sign me up for it then I guess, as long as the date is alright for me I shall try and do the whole 24 hours as well as donate some money.

I might do it, does it matter if the livestream is laggy? I’m on the shittiest ISP on earth. Otherwise I might donate some cash.

I’m thinking of sometime in the next 3 weeks?

Would be a good idea if all who are participating were in a Steam chat and doing it all on the same day, and everyone had the ability to watch everybody’s broadcast. It would be like a virtual meeting.

Fucking hell, I had no idea it was that high.

Fantastic idea.

[editline]08:31PM[/editline]

Shit, I meant the thread.

If anyone knows people with connections to major websites, I.E. RPS or even if Gmod.com admins could post a story, please don’t hesitate.

I will post an article once there is a date no problem.

Count me in, I will sadly not be able to donate. But we keep on waitin, waitin on the world to change :slight_smile:

Hey, it’s percent, not per cent, that would be weird. =/

Nice thought, unlikely to work, why would anyone sponsor me to sit at a computer for 24 hours? That’s not at all challenging.

Also if you’re really going to do it, set up a justgiving page, nobody is going to want to send it to your paypal account, your word has precisely 0 value as way of assurance.

[editline]09:11PM[/editline]

You do realise what percent is right? Literally per cent - in every hundred.