Map Not Downloading from Steam Workshop!

Hello, I am trying to download a map in the steam workshop, and when i subscribe and open up garrysmod, the downloading bar pops up for one second, and then dissapears. The map shows up in my maps when i want to start a game, but when i click “start game” it does nothing, and when i try to join the server with the map on it, it says “Couldn’t CRC Map (mapname)”, and when i look in the file where the map is located, the map is 0 KB when it is supposed to be around 80 MB, and when i try to join the server without the map it says "Doesn’t have map (Mapname) Disconnecting.

Delete the 0kb file, start GMod and let it ‘download,’ then post a console log in

tags.

i just realized, i subscribed to a collection, now whenever i download an item from that collection the download bar pops up for a split second, and the addon doesn’t show up in the subscribed addons. it is very annoying, i just did a fresh reinstall of gmod. here is what it says when i try and download one of the “instant download” items.

Couldn't mount addon - couldn't find file addons/(gdcw)_scoped_ptrs-41_260921944.gma
Couldn't mount addon - couldn't find file addons/bf2_z-parachute_105699464.gma
Addons have changes - remounting
Download Finished
UGCRead: Couldn't read file (maybe 0 B is too big for Steam?)
Extraction failed.. Oh oh! (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons/(gdcw)_scoped_ptrs-41_260921944.gma)
END: DownloadAddons
Download Finished
UGCRead: Couldn't read file (maybe 0 B is too big for Steam?)
Extraction failed.. Oh oh! (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons/bf2_z-parachute_105699464.gma)
END: DownloadAddons
Unknown command "hldj_playaudio"

please help… i am trying to play a game with my friend and this is screwing up my game

Try subscribing to a random item off the workshop right now and see if it downloads correctly.

Sorry for late reply. and no it doesnt work. i cant download addons from the workshop. (I HAVE reinstalled GMOD)

What is the name of the map inside the gma? You might need to extract it for that.

EDIT 7/11/2014:

It will be something like:

gm_mapname.bsp

Try contacting Steam support; sounds like a workshop fetch issue.

was fine until just yesterday