.map to .bsp (Porting from Halo)

Huh. The developer wiki led me to believe that you needed to have all the source files for a mod to make shaders. Is there a tutorial available anywhere?

That?

I have JUST FOUND A 3DS MODEL OF BLOODGULCH!!! Can this be turned into a CSS map?

No. You could import it as a reference perhaps, but if you tried to actually play on a model as a level the lighting would be poor and the fps low.

Oh… that sucks.

This is the best response. The rest of you are stating obvious information without anything to add.

Please stop talking like an idiot.

Halo’s engine and Source engine use an entirely different method for making/reading level geometry, there would be no simple way to convert it. (Hammer uses brushes, Halo uses models made in a CAD program. Which is way fucking easier to implement.) That said, you could probably turn the Halo BSP or chunks of it into props, then use those as static props and piece them together in your map.

I’m sick of 10 year olds joining with their grammar…

:colbert:

What the fuck happened to failblog?

This is facepunch.

For this reason I wish the autobanning and smartness was back.

And all we have is my yet unbloodied knife of stabbiness.

“Fail” is a horrible meme. Don’t talk about that shit here.

I know this is facepunch. But what happened to FAAAAAAIIIILLLL???

Bans.

We need autobans back. :smith:

Ok. I found a bloodgulch map for Crysis. CAN IT BE PORTED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What part of no don’t you understand?

Ok…easiest way to get this map done.

1. Download a little tool called fraps. This will enable you to make a video of what is on your screen.
  2. Use fraps and halo together to make a reference of the map you wish to port.
  3. Use the video and hammer to create a mimic of said map.

Goddamnit. HALO’S ENGINE AND CRYSIS’S ENGINE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I DON’T KNOW SHIT ABOUT PORTING MAPS. I JUST SEE STUFF ABOUT IT.

[editline]05:29PM[/editline]

About 1. I HAVE FRAPS I KNOW WHAT IT IS.
About 2. THAT WOULD BE POINTLESS CUZ I HAVE A 3DS MAX MODEL OF THIS LEVEL.
About 3. A MAP LIKE THAT WOULD SUCK AND I CAN’T MAP FOR SHIT. THATS WHY I’M PORTING. I KNOW HOW TO PORT MODELS. JUST NOT MAPS.