Map translation with Garry’s Mod to S&box

Hey!
I watched a lot of those and saw that someone had the idea to repeat cards from your favorite Garry’s Mod. I decided to take this challenge. From the beginning I decided to repeat a simple map gm_flatgrass.
I will be glad if you support me!

3 Likes

It’s great that you’re trying to get mapping, but you should really try out another map. flatgrass maps are the battle royale genre of S&box (terrible metaphor but you get me)

3 Likes

I agree with what you say. But then it lost all the interest of this challenge

1 Like

Would like to share with your developments

Processing underlying structure

Completed structure with gm_flatgrass. From the very beginning, I thought about creating a high polygon structure, but I forgot that the more polygons in the model, the greater the weight of the map. I had to simplify the model itself, it looks like it turned out to be gm_flatgrass V2. From the very beginning, I had to reduce the roundness from 64 to 32 steps. But still, I think we need to increase it to 64 steps. And thanks to this trick, we were able to reduce from 2,710 to 2,000 polygons. And I think it’s not bad for one night

Work and fun

In the process, I came across many things in terms of errors. And there were such strange errors that I decided to refuse the call. But when I finished the design itself, I decided to start having fun! And I came up with the idea to make a post-apocalyptic gm_flatgrass and I decided to make lighting, I fucked up when I started doing it, in source 2 it became so nice to work with lighting that I set it up the way I wanted, in a couple of minutes!

I also wanted to work with the landscape, but unfortunately the sun was already rising and I needed at least a few minutes to rest from this.

Conclusion

I want to work on the map with the SkyBox background, and start working on the gm_construct map. And when I make an approximate layout, I will definitely write a new post!

I would like to express my great gratitude that someone liked my idea. Thanks to you, I have the strength to continue to fulfil this challenge! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Tf, this lighting is tuff!

1 Like

I did it in a couple of minutes. I didn’t pay much attention to the lighting

1 Like

Haha actually it means I love it. I talk about the orange and blue. It looks like zombie ambiance and makes me want to play on gm flatgrass :laughing:

2 Likes

the lighting is great

1 Like

Did you ever apply soft normals to the curved bits of the structure?

1 Like

Yes it was

2 Likes