Alright, so here’s what I’ve “found”, but I wasn’t able to have the time to compile your map and run it on my end. I can do that later if this remains unsolved.
- I like the map, interesting set up.
- Area portals are sealing everything off, you didn’t leave a wrap-around anywhere (where it comes around and touches itself because it wasn’t sealed)
- Door area portals are set to “closed”, which is great (it defaults to open for some dumb reason).
- Your area portals are sketchy. You have one areaportalwindow brush covering 5-6 windows at a time.
- Your windows are not named, but your func_areaportalwindow brushes are targeting a window (that doesn’t exist)
I couldn’t figure out why your problem is being caused, so I did what I always do: If I can’t solve it, I will make an example map for you to model from.
What I do for areaportals:
- Tie a solid color like black, to func_brush and name it. Target that brush with your portal, and leave the actual window texture alone. What happens when you tie an areaportalwindow to a brush is that it makes that brush fade in and out. To make sure my window is always visible, I just create a black brush to tie the window to. Create a nice darkening effect for when the portal seals off.
- My fade distances were set to be close so you can test out what it does inside the map
- Make the areaportal brush 1 unit thick, and use the CTRL+M tool to move it 0.5 units on the X or Y, whichever way makes it center itself inside your window. That way your areaportal is in the middle and you don’t have any see-through texture issues like you seem to be having.
- Place the door within a 2-4 unit thick “frame”, this is to make sure the door closes. I’ve had problems of doors not closing because I didn’t build a frame. Tie it to func_detail.
- Make an areaportal the side of the door AND the frame, make it 1 unit thick. Move it as close to the center of the door as you can, and do the same CTRL+M, 0.5 movement to make it sit in the center.
Spend some time fixing up your windows and see what happens.
Also, side note, not sure if areaportalwindow works with func_breakable_surf - Could be wrong though. Haven’t tested it.
I have no idea what this is, or what it means, but I’d try looking into that as well. I’ve never seen this error before and do not have time to google it… Again, can do it later if nobody else responds.