Map will not load.

I’m making an edit of rp_c18_v1, i have not added alot and its 64,404 kb, The original is 40,000 kb.
I can’t find any errors when compiling.
When i load the map on Gmod or hl2, it gets to loading resources and then i crash with hl2.exe is not responding.

I can post the compile log if you need.

EDIT: This was NOT my map or anything to do with me, i left my account logged on at my mates house, he posted this thread under my name.

Thanks for understanding :v:

Do you have permission to edit the map, or is the vmf publicly available?

Sorry, i accidentally posted under my friends name because there is no log out feature.

The .vmf is publicly available.

Post the compile log or, run it through the error checker (http://www.interlopers.net/errors/) and post the errors back here.

Gibbs you tool…

I will edit the OP.

That’s what going on Holiday does :v:

Ok i checked the log for errors and i got this:
Note: It appears vbsp was not included in this compile log.
Not running vbsp may cause various errors, make sure you run all compile tools if you are stuck on an unnamed error.

Note: It appears vvis was not included in this compile log.
Not running vvis may cause various errors, make sure you run all compile tools if you are stuck on an unnamed error.

Note: It appears vrad was not included in this compile log.
Not running vrad may cause various errors, make sure you run all compile tools if you are stuck on an unnamed error.

Also some material not found errors, but i don’t think they are important.

Here is the compile log.

Congratulations! You’ve hit your brush limit!

you’re screwed unless you can get your brushcount down

Brush 1071522: nummapbrushes == MAX_MAP_BRUSHES

You got a bit over a million brushes and the max is 8000 or so

Is there a way to reduce that? Like i said, I haven’t even added alot to it, only a tiny bit.

I have a feeling you found a decompiled version or decompiled the map.

Ok, but if i group a bunch of brushes together with it merge them into one?

func_detail all up in this bitch.

Nope. func_details still count towards the brush limit.

I have been doing it all wrong.

Well, if you still have the problem in four days or so, ask antimonycat when he is unbanned. He’s the guy who is making rp_catisland, and he knows how to reduce brushes so he stays under the limit. He’s had to, or his map could never be completed.

While I condone editing a previously completed map, and doubt that the vmf you have is an official version, I will be kind and point you in the right direction.
Propper
This is a compile tool used to convert brushes into static / dynamic, or physics models.
Instructions for this program can be found at the link.

While this may not be exactly what Antimonycat uses, he is most likely converting allot of his non occluding brushes into models, and by the looks of it, with a real modeling program.

Enjoy your mapping, please don’t ask on another thread on how to use Propper, there are plenty of similar threads, and loads of online resources.

EDIT:
Did some searching around, the only .vmf(s) I can find of ‘rp_c18_v1’ are decompiled versions, as apparently the original .vmf was lost.
Decompiling is a horrendous process and should only be used for research, not to build off of, this would contribute to your high brush count.

Actually, he does use Propper. I just forgot what the name of what he used was, and you are right, it is Propper. So yeah, use that and you will reduce the brush limit, but I have no idea how to use it.