Map won't compile in the Orange Box engine.

Hey,
For some reason any map i make, will not compile in te Orange Box engine. So if i make a map, i use the orangebox engine and then run it again in the HL2 engine. But that always leaves errors and such. Heres my error when i try to compile in Oraenge Box:

The command failed. Windows reported the error:  "The system cannot find the file specified" 

The file it’s talking about is the BSP. For some reason it will just not compile into a BSP with the Orange Box. I have Hl2, Gmod, HL2 ep 2, CSS.
This is not a map specific problem. This just happens to be in general.
Thanks to everyone who helps!

Post the compile log

Try going alt-p also, never run vbsp on anything but normal
also, try resetting game configs

Okay, i just found out, For some reason the Displacemnts wont compile aswell as the grass.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "C:\Users\Pat\Desktop\server_map"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (May 19 2009)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\materials
Loading C:\Users\Pat\Desktop\server_map.vmf
Patching WVT material: maps/server_map/nature/blendrocksgrass006a_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
**** leaked ****
Entity info_player_start (-1318.34 -3317.65 112.00) leaked!

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1276.0 -2542.3)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Leaf 1 contents: 
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1276.0 -1624.3)
Leaf 1 contents: 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1276.0 1432.3)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1276.0 3590.3)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1572.0 -2542.3)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1572.0 524.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1572.0 3590.3)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 1832.0 524.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors.... ***
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Finding displacement neighbors...
Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Building Physics collision data...
Displacement 2 has bad geometry near -1536.00 -332.00 -520.44
Can't compile displacement physics, exiting.  Texture is NATURE/FOREST_GRASS_01

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "C:\Users\Pat\Desktop\server_map"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 19 2009)
2 threads
reading c:\users\pat\desktop\server_map.bsp
Error opening c:\users\pat\desktop\server_map.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" "C:\Users\Pat\Desktop\server_map"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 19 2009)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[48 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\pat\desktop\server_map.bsp
Error opening c:\users\pat\desktop\server_map.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\Pat\Desktop\server_map.bsp" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\xtopgunxbfg\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps\server_map.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

btw i have verified the cache and defraged all my tools and games… just did it for good luck :slight_smile:
edit: Alt + P says no errors were found.

**** leaked ****

entity info_player_start (-1318.34 -3317.65 112.00) leaked!

I saw that, deleted all of them. Then i put 2 in, at a different location. They are still leaked.

Displacement 2 has bad geometry near -1536.00 -332.00 -520.44
Can’t compile displacement physics, exiting. Texture is NATURE/FOREST_GRASS_01

yeah, what does that mean? whats does ‘bad geometry’ mean?

[editline]07:32PM[/editline]

I got the map to compile. I just deleted the water. For some reason, the water does not work for. I have tried liek 10 differnet kind of waters from the devs to the ugly looking water. Whats wrong with that water thats keeping my map from compiling?

It’s your leak. You don’t delete the entities that leak, as another entity will end up leaking. Go to Map -> Load Pointfile to figure out where your leak is and seal it. Remember that displacements don’t seal the map, neither does water or func_details

or any entity for that matter(just throwing that in)