Map won't compile

I keep getting the error “Windows cannot find file specified”
This is the log

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\jgerm\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\jgerm\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\jgerm\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\rp_suburb_v1.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jun  8 2010)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\jgerm\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\jgerm\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\rp_suburb_v1.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Can't find surfaceprop tiles for material ZPCUSTOMMATERIALS/FLOOR/ZPS_FLOORTILES001A_GAR, using default
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\jgerm\counter-strike source\cstrike\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_suburb_v1/nature/red_grass_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (3)
**** leaked ****
Entity prop_static (2914.00 -3362.33 -3137.00) leaked!

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0 3584.0 -3014.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Leaf 1 contents: 
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0 3584.0 833.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID 
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3584.0 4096.0 163.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4096.0 3584.0 163.0)
Leaf 0 contents: 
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0 2560.0 -3449.5)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0 2560.0 -3583.0)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0 2077.0 -3416.5)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0 2138.0 -3416.5)
Leaf 1 contents: 
Candidate brush IDs: 

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors.... ***
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (1)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 676 detail faces...done (2)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
Too many t-junctions to fix up! (4024 prims, max 32768 :: 65568 indices, max 65536)

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\jgerm\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\rp_suburb_v1.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\jgerm\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\rp_suburb_v1.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

Thanks for the help guys.

[editline]03:18PM[/editline]

What must I do to fix it?

you have a leak, fix it.
go to maps/ load point file and follow the red line and when you find the hole patch it up, its probably in the skybox

this might help:

Thanks I’m trying it now

did it work?

no I cant find what its coming from can there be absolutly nothing outside the skybox or what? Because that might be my problem I have some things outside of it.

you cant have ANYTHING outside of the skybox.
don’t worry im kind of a rookie at source sdk to :smiley:
but yeah nothing can be outside the skybox, it all has to be inside

Ah ha thats what the problem is lol thanks man

Entity prop_static (2914.00 -3362.33 -3137.00) leaked!

Either you’ve put a prop_static in or exposed to the void or it’s origin is in or exposed to the void.

[editline]12:34AM[/editline]

But that’s not what’s stopping it from compiling.

no prob man
always nice to help.

Alright guys I fixed the leak with some ducktape and I’m trying my map out now lol.

I hope it turns out well, if its for gmod you should upload it to gmod.org :smiley:

lol it is for gmod I was going to keep it for myself because I did some um naughty things in it lol. But I have a question how to I include the models and materials in the bsp?

i dont know im still learning how to make my own textures.
maybe if u look it up on youtube or something

I’ll try that and if you want I’ll sned you some screenshots of my map

well what kind of map is it, what makes it naughty?

It’s an rp map that I was making so I could use it for posing and its naughty because I ripped a bunch of stuff from other maps so i wasnt going to release it.

oooooooooooooooh

yea its not that I’m to lazy to make my own things its just I liked the buildings and got tired of having to change maps to get to them so I put them all in one map.

I miss the smartness system for this. :sigh:

To include your own materials into your map, try VIDE

DarkShifter, I have a thread on how to make textures usable in source. http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=947473

thx fire god i’ll check it out