Maps have white icons

Hello. I appear to have an entirely unique problem, due to the fact that Google get’s a bit confused when I try to search it.

All I know about this error so far is that, indeed, if I download any more maps from the workshop, the get a white icon, and when I try to launch these maps, they will not work. It is not just one map that has this error. I have some workshop maps that work, but if I download more, they get a white icon and wont launch. If i’ve hit a map/add-on limit, I would quite like to know. But seriously, a game based on modding shouldn’t really have a limit for maps or addons. Am I the only one with this problem? Can it be fixed without removing any addons or maps? I really need help with this. It is quite annoying.

Post a pic of the “white icons” and a pic of the console ( Hold ~ ) after trying to load a map.

Slight problem, If i load a map with a white icon, it will instantly crash. Problem here? I can’t read one letter of the console before it crashes. When the game is loading all the addons, it does not display any errors or red text that i know of. As for the picture of the white icons?

Just how many addons do you have? And post a pic of console regardless, maybe there’s soemthing.

Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\151259497'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\4000degreekelvin'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\bf2 z-parachute'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\cakegun'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\chainsaw'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\falcos-prop-protection-master'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\garry's bombs 5 base edition'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\garry's bombs 5 materials pack'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\m9k assault rifles'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\m9kheavy'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\m9ksmall'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\m9kspecial'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons
o collide world'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\ovisscripts'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\popcorn'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\portal 2 cores'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\scars basic'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\scars extra'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\scars slim'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\ulib'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\ulx'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\ulx set utime'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\urs-master'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\utime'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\wire-extras-master'
Adding Filesystem Addon 'h:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\wire-master'
Initializing Awesomium..
No Kinect SDK
Unknown command "cl_thirdperson"
JOY_AXIS_X:  mapped to Turn (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_Y:  mapped to Look (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_Z:  unmapped
JOY_AXIS_R:  mapped to Forward (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_U:  mapped to Side (absolute)
JOY_AXIS_V:  unmapped
Advanced Joystick settings initialized
Unknown command "hud_showemptyweaponslots"
Unknown command "sv_backspeed"
Not playing a local game.
Addons have changes - remounting

And I have exactly 150 addons mounted via workshop.

I’d say 150 workshop addons is a bit too much.

Can I make this limit higher? For a game entirely based on modding… The limit should be higher. In-fact, there should not really be a limit in the first place.

The thing is that it’s not about a limit. Heck, download every mod you can find if you bloody feel like it. The problem is that the addons are just going to start conflicting with each other. You should always keep addons to a minimum. Only get stuff you REALLY need and will use most of the time.

Plus, your PC or the game engine can’t handle every addon ever and do have limitations.