Maps in Addons

Seeing how I have near 5 maps in my addons folder, I was wondering how this would affect my loadtimes, since I am near 7 minutes of loading. How does GMod load things?
I am not exactly sure how to phrase this. Feel free to make me clarify.

Don’t put them in your addons folder, put them in you maps folder :ms:

I meant maps that are for the folder. Like mobenix, bigcity I think, etc. I am smart enough to know where a .bsp goes.

If you are smart enough then why are you asking us?

:doh: The folders that have settings, materials, maps, etc, and info.txt, you put them in addons so you extract one thing or something (ask the creators why they did so). If I have large folders like that (such as gm_apocalypse) will GMod load that if I am playing a different map, like wirecontruct?

I know that maps are loaded only when requested. I think un-compiled materials and models are loaded if the map isn’t, however.

Yes, of course only the map would load, but other things in the folders loading with it! :psyduck:

Let me sum up basicly what this thread says and what your responce will probably be:
Thread: It’s compilcated and it’s probably the creator’s fault!
You: Wat?

Maps are loaded on request.
Materials and models, even if part of a map addon, if not compiled will load at start.

Yes, the materials folders of my maps are only about 2-5MB but add them all together and they can make a good 15 or 20MB, a nice extra 2 minutes or something. It’s not of much importance to me. I only wanted to know.
[/thread]
:v:

An extra second maybe.

Not if his computer is absolute dildos, which it sounds like it is to be honest.

It is. At times it makes me just want to… :smithicide:

[editline]08:56PM[/editline]

I haven’t figured out the MB:loadtime ratio yet.