Marksman Test ( Greenscreen and FX Test )

Hey FP,

So ive been sick for the past week, and I decided to do a little test with greenscreening and some FX I never used, and I came up with this little test called Marksman.

This was my first time using Greenscreen so any feedback and suggestions would be excellent because I plan on using it more often. I also included pictures of the scenebuild I made on flatgrass that didnt take very long but looking for the proper particle effects did.

So yeah, just some feedback and suggestions would be great. Thanks :slight_smile:

P.S Thanks to MaxofS2D for some tips!

On the slow-motion part, the sound was choppy. To fix that right click the sound clip from the video and choose “Properties”, then, choose “Lock to Stretch” somewhere towards the bottom. It will sound slower but no more choppiness.

In addition, the slow-motion bullet looked meh, if you had have rotated it in circles, like spinning when comnig out of the barrel, i’m not exactly sure about the realism of adding that but it will still look cool. Also, the shot was much too long, and having the slow-motion guy wait like 4 seconds before he gets hit in the head made it look awkward.

Great job though, I’ve never done something like that, I’ll have to try it out.

Thanks, ill be sure to take it into consideration next time I do something similiar to this. Also, thanks for sharing how to fix the choppiness, that was very helpful.

Greenscreen with a film clip of the bullet spinning or spiraling in some way, makes it more interesting to watch, it’s better than a boring still immage. If you’re using vegas, use blur on the bullet and less blur on the background. Speed it up, slow it down before impact, use Camtasia, I can see slight framer8 draw backs on the collision. For best greenscreening use After Effects, it provides many more customisable options for your chroma keyer.

framer8 drawbacks?

When your game slows down and gets laggy.

kurit have you considered how he is gonna get after fx? (or can he afford it)

Same way that Fumples got vegas pro.

Uh oh, you guys arent thinking…that word…are you?

I suppose the word “Fumples” is contraversial these days.

My grandfather has access to software such as Vegas or Final Cut, you fuck, don’t even think about accusing me of pirating. I don’t pirate. There was no reason to bring me into this.

Whoa whoa! Erick, no one said the P word. Just relax.

Stop, Kurit

Nobody is going to argue with you anymore, if you want to stop looking like a meaningless cock, just fucking stop already. We are not your friends. We do not know you, stop acting like we do.

Oh, you’re done arguing with me? That’s good news.

That post sounded aggravating,

Yeah at this point he’s so intentionally trying to start shit I’m not even going to argue anymore. I’ve already sent a few PMs out, nothing more needs to be done… that’s why i snipped a few things

Now that I think of it, I’ll miss our disagreements, Erick. There’s nothing wrong with a good disagreement, though. You used to be so friendly, you changed all because I disagreed with you about some movie making Software and other minor things. Forget about it, Erick. It’s just online talk, don’t take it personally.

I’m not taking anything personally. You’re the one taking things personally. Especially by calling me by my real name, which is fucking weird.

I call you by your real name, get over it, it’s you’re name for crying out loud. You’re taking everything so personally, just lighten up, stop getting so stressed over little things. You’re still in an accusatory state, who cares who’s right and who’s wrong, just lighten up, jeese. You’re so up tight and unreasonable. If I’m stressing you out mabey you should have blocked me like you said you were going to. It’s not healthy to be pissed off all the time.

I’m not pissed off, you piss me off because you intentionally start shit – for example, calling me by my real name even though i’ve asked you multiple times not to do that