Massive engine sound pack

Here’s a massive pack of engine sounds I’ve collected over the years. Contains 100mb worth of engine sounds, everything from flat sixes to v12s, even rotaries. Took me a few days to loop them all and scavenge.
http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=103612

alternate mirror:
http://www.filefront.com/17026505/engines.7z/

btw it’s clientside, server doesn’t need it. others will need the sounds to hear them though.

engine pack contains sounds for:
transmission (whine & shifting)
turbo sounds (hiss & bov)
L4
L5
L6
Diesel L6
flat 4
flat 6
V6
V8
V10
V12
Wankel rotary
Horn sounds

Don’t suppose you could upload your physics sounds, too? They’re cool.

My physics sounds? Do you mean my metal hit sounds? I changed almost all of my impact sounds with Red Orchestra armor piercing deflect sounds. I suppose I could in a bit.

Yep. That’d be cool. :love:

accept my invite on steam, you ragequitter

Heheh I hate playing Red Orchestra and you shoot at an Sdkfz Halftrack with the russian anti-tank rifle, and it doesn’t do anything. That gun sucks…even if it is reusable.

yeah, it was only useful for nailing tracks and shooting engines.

jesus thats a lot o sounds, gonna dl this when i come home

That’s awesome, any servers using this?

it’s clientside. the server does not have to have it.

Oh yeah, but if the server had it that would mean everyone could hear your sounds right? Not just the people who downloaded it. Still awesome for videos and stuff, and the car comp :v:

Makes him easier to wake up too, just shoot props near him he hears a giant mass of PINGing sounds.

Any inline 5 sounds in there?

yes

So, I can use these with wire sound emitters to make my wehicle go WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ? Lol
Thanks anyway, but a video about these sounds could brighten my day.

Remake of quattro coming up…

:v:

i hate it when he does that. i’ll be looking through google, and i hear a WPANWONGONWGONOWNWANGNWAONGONGWAING from his smg shooting my shit.

Lulz.

if a server had it it would take hours to connect to it from downloading all the files sounds
lets take a look at the math the file is 78.57 Mb which is in KB is 78570 KBs and the max DL speed from a server is 100 KB/s so doing a little division:
78570 / 100 = 785.7 seconds turn that into minutes and that would be:
785.7 / 60 = 13 minutes for the sounds alone, assuming you were downloading at max speed which is very rare.