material surface properties - how to add to Gmod addons

Hiya!

I’m trying to make a bouncy ball model for an upcoming maop I’m making, and have found a solution. unfortunately, I have no idea how to implement it into a Gmod addon.

basically, my model’s QC file is this:

$staticprop
$modelname "props\sbahj\banskitball.mdl"
$scale "0.500000"
$body "Body" "banskitball"
$cdmaterials "models/props/sbahj"
$sequence idle "banskitball"
$surfaceprop "banskitball"
$autocenter
$collisionmodel "banskitball_phys"  {
	$concave
	$mass 10
}
$keyvalues
{
    prop_data
    {
        base    Plastic.Medium
    }
}

After some googling, I figured that the code for the custom surface property is this:

"banskitball"
{
"base" "rubber"
"elasticity" "3"
"dampening" "0.2"
"friction" "0.2"
"density" "1000"
}

my main question is, how do I get this surfaceprop type into the gmod addon, and also, what does “density” do?

thanks in advance for any reply!

Ok, update! I finally, finally fixed it.

I have no idea what density is, but I could do it by adding this into the autorun lua directory

physenv.AddSurfaceData([[ "anskitball" { "base" "rubber" "elasticity" "30" "dampening" "0.2" "friction" "0.2" "density" "1000"} ]

"banskitball"
{
"base" "rubber"
"elasticity" "30"
"dampening" "0.2"
"friction" "0.2"
"density" "1000"

}

]])

Now, the next issue. it’s simply not crazily bouncy enough. it’s actually really slow in the air, and while the bounce is high if the prop is paired with a phys_thruster, it just doesn’t “feel” right.

it’s a joke prop, and I want it so when it bounces, it bounces out of control all over the room, like for example, a gel-covered weighted storage cube.

Any ideas what value to edit? since adding the code in, I’ve also added in “$drag 0” to the QC file.

What is its mass? Props with no / low mass move like molasses.

it’s currently 10. I want it to be held, so really, it has to be below 35. otherwise, there’s no way to hold it. any way around this?