May 2021 - News - s&box

We've got a strong direction with the citizen characters. We know what we want it to be, we know what we don't want it to be.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://sbox.facepunch.com/news/may-2021
10 Likes

My anticipation is building.

2 Likes

CRAZY !!!

2 Likes

And not a word about the increase in the map limit. sorrow… ((

3 Likes

nice!!!

2 Likes

Hmm, that’s all great. But I would like to feel it already, despite the bugs, but we, garrismoders, are used to strange bugs. So I want to open Visual Studio, start programming, and enjoy the process itself in s & box.

Thank you @garry for the work you’ve done this month :heart:

2 Likes

they will probably not do it, because it requires to re-do a huge part of the engine to support it. and recode a part of a engine for less than 10% of people will use is just not worth it.
valve have not increased the limit themself, so almost all the problems from source 1 that prevent them to increase the map size are here.
it will be a pain, so it will not be done until month of even years, they have more priority than this.
so not gonna happen any time soon

otherwise, nice blogpost for this month.

2 Likes

Good job

2 Likes

Good work guys! For the health unit, some people will ask for a double instead of a float but it’s already that! :+1:

2 Likes

Incredible as always!

But I don’t see the point about dependencies. Of course, relying on whether something magically is or isn’t in scope is shooting in a leg. But S&box like had a system for referencing addons through GitHub and with ability to lock them to a specific revision this shouldn’t be an issue at all, or am I missing something?

2 Likes

It’s been amazing to play around with the different features that sandbox offers while trying to put some of it together to make something cool using my limited C# knowledge, and an incredible sight to see the game evolve every single day, along with all the games and maps that the community is coming up with on the regular. I’m excited about the future!

2 Likes

Sexy work as always!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for S&box to be the king of all sandbox games.

2 Likes

Looks great, keep it up!

2 Likes

everything looks amazing, keep up the great work! I know this game will be something new and different. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is Sam working on something? Great devblog btw

2 Likes

Sam is on vacation in Spain

2 Likes

Really hyped. I gotta be honest it hurts alot still not having access I see everyone else around me getting it but oh well, here’s hoping for the future.

2 Likes

Woohoo! It seems like the months keep getting shorter, but the devblogs keep getting longer

2 Likes